Reliable charging notifications

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

17boltev

Hi

I am a new owner of Bolt LT. I charged the car overnight with a L2 charger (Leviton EVR green 32A) at my home last night. I turned on email notifications for charging interrupted and charging complete statuses. At some point in the night the charging was interrupted and I didn't receive any notification by email. The car had charged from 73% to 89%. The infotainment had a message charging was interrupted. This AM I unplugged the charging cord and replugged it in. I started the immediate charge and it completed the balance 11% in about an hour. I didn't receive any notification the charging was complete.

I had hilltop reserve turned to Off.
I had charging schedule set in the car from 11.15PM to 6.30AM.

Questions:
1) What is the most reliable way to get notifications?
2) Is mychevrolet app the most reliable way to obtain notifications and monitor charging?
3) Is there a way to see how much power was drawn by the car in a session?
4) I have seen some charge graphs in some posts...any idea how those users are able to get that data?

I am able to monitor the charge with an active refresh on the mychevrolet app. Its a pain to remember to do it.

Guidance much appreciated!

I get a text message when my Bolt finishes charging, and I've received text messages a couple of times when charging interrupted.

Text message notifications have been timely and reliable.

My notification emails come from [email protected]

Seem to remember having to do something that connected the mychevy app with onstar a few months ago. On its own the Chevy app did t work without linking it to onstar. Again it's been months. I plugged mine in yesterday, had to leave the house, unplugged went to store. Got a notification when I got out of the car it had been unplugged. Went home plugged in, checked the Chevy app said it would be done at 10:00pm. At 10:06 got an email notification it was done. I'm sure it's an onstar link that has to be made with the Chevy app.

Also what I do....Once you get it worked out...if u have an iPhone make [email protected] a VIP and give it a distinctive Sound alert.

Couple more thing. Your onstar pin. Memorize it. OnStar Button. You got three months free onstar every option upgrade super duper package. You have questions...go out into your garage. Turn on the car. Push the onstar button and chat with them. They are generally very yakky. They will talk you to death if you don't shut them down. Ask a question. Then another and go on a tangent. They don't care. They are paid to chat with you. You are helping the economy and insuring employment rate. After three months you are on your own. I'm learning new stuff every day. Enjoy it. Over all she is a great car.

Thinking maybe it had to do with logging onto the Chevy app with your onstar login info? Vague memory of that.

Thank you all for your replies. It does look like there is something flaky between the app, mychevrolet.com site and onstar.com site. I will try out your suggestions and see if situation improves in couple of days. Unfortunately I have another warning indicator about the Li battery system. I will open another thread for it.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?106713-charging-notification

Did a quick google...this is for Volt but it's the same system between GM and Onstar. As I thought I remembered....use Onstar sign on username (email address most times) and password. After you make change, go out plug in car. Wait one minute unplug. You should get email notification in 5 minutes or less.

Back