devbolt

Re: Almost hit this morning... collision avoided.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 am

Sheesh, there's no pleasing anyone. In another thread we have someone whining that D mode has too much regen, and here that L mode doesn't have enough.

L mode is not meant to slam on your brakes on the moment you lift your foot from the accelerator. Otherwise you'll end up getting rear ended constantly. Need more regen in L use? Use the paddle and/or that wide pedal on the left.

ghn

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:34 pm

devbolt wrote:Sheesh, there's no pleasing anyone. In another thread we have someone whining that D mode has too much regen, and here that L mode doesn't have enough.

L mode is not meant to slam on your brakes on the moment you lift your foot from the accelerator. Otherwise you'll end up getting rear ended constantly. Need more regen in L use? Use the paddle and/or that wide pedal on the left.

Yeah I know, did not intend to whine. I would say that there is no pleasing everyone. I drive 100 miles a day in a lot of different situations from country mountain roads to 101 north in rush hour and I have found that I really want full regen all the time. Like I said I am probably in the minority. LOL sometimes I hit the radio channel changer when I want regen or vice versa which is rather annoying...

phil0909

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:17 pm

ghn wrote: I really want full regen all the time. Like I said I am probably in the minority.

I don't know whether we're in the minority or the majority, but my preference is the same as yours. I'd rather just use my foot, and not need to fiddle with the paddle. Simpler is usually better. I suppose GM could offer it both ways if they were a little more ambitious - the paddle could be made configurable in software.

devbolt

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:20 am

ghn wrote:
devbolt wrote:Sheesh, there's no pleasing anyone. In another thread we have someone whining that D mode has too much regen, and here that L mode doesn't have enough.

Yeah I know, did not intend to whine. I would say that there is no pleasing everyone. I drive 100 miles a day in a lot of different situations from country mountain roads to 101 north in rush hour and I have found that I really want full regen all the time. Like I said I am probably in the minority. LOL sometimes I hit the radio channel changer when I want regen or vice versa which is rather annoying...

I wasn't criticizing you. Or calling you out for whining. I was just amused by the range of opinions. I drive in L mode pretty much exclusively and do like the extra regen and braking response it gives, especially in an emergency situation. I know 101 in Silicon Valley all too well...

Tttait

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:46 pm

ghn wrote:Speaking of Regen I would like to disable the paddle and get full regen all the time and not have to try to find the paddle when I am trying to slow down fast.

I've considered cutting 3M VHB double stick tape (or a few layers of same to get the proper thickness) and putting it between the regen paddle and the wheel, then pulling back the paddle into the tape and effectively securing it in the on position.

If you do it use a little rubbing alcohol on a Qtip to clean the surfaces before installing the tape. You could remove it later with a small tool and then remove the adhesive residue with Qtips with WD40, followed by rubbing alcohol to remove the WD40.

Return to “News and Main Chevy Bolt EV Forum”