jbrad4

Rear Cargo Board is Dealer Optional

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:23 pm

I got home Saturday after buying my Bolt Premier and found there was no shelf/floorboard in the cargo area. All the photos and videos of the Bolt EV i have seen show the shelf/floorboard in the cargo area. So, I thought it was standard equipment and was left out when they detailed the car. Wrong! Today I went back to the dealer and they explained that it is listed as Dealer Optional. So $184 and change later, I now have the shelf/floorboard in the cargo area of my new Bolt.
-= Jim =-
2017 Bolt EV
Cajun Red Premier
DCFC, Confidence II, Infotainment

gbobman

Re: Rear Cargo Board is Dealer Optional

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Its a dealer option if not installed from the factory (LT only). Costs much less if ordered with though.

*Corrected the Premier/LT difference.
Last edited by gbobman on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Chevy Bolt LT (1st EV!)
2004 Chevy Monte Carlo SS
(found a new home :cry: )

elpwr

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:12 pm

It's standard on the Premier. You should have the dealer provide one

boltage

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:11 pm

If you mean the double floor in the rear cargo area, it is standard in the Premier and available in the LT, according to:

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp ... embed=true
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/ ... .tab3.html

"GK8 Storage, rear cargo, double floor"

TimBolt

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:30 am

The dealer shouldn't have charged you as the "false floor" is standard equipment on the Premier trim.
2017 Bolt LT

ArthurL

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:13 am

The Dealer strikes again. It is standard.

EldRick

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:54 pm

They should not have charged you to install the parts, as the false floor is listed as standard equipment on the Premiere on the Chevy web site and in the configurator the salesmen use. They are BSing you, and you have a small-claims case if you want to pursue it.

Print this linked page and take it back to the dealer - you have been defrauded. Click the MORE link under Premiere to reveal the features list.
http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/ ... lt-ev/trim

excerpt
================================================
MSRP from $41,780
Feature Highlights Of The Bolt EV Premiere Trim:
Everything that comes with LT plus:
17” Ultra Bright Machined/painted aluminum wheel
Rear armrest
False cargo floor
================================================

Airbesar

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:03 pm

I have a Premier. The false floor came with. I usually stick the charging cable, maybe an extension cord, and the shopping bags under the false floor

To go tangental. I was recently ranting to my wife about not being able to fit 2 roller bags in the way back. She wondered why I didn't try taking out the false floor and standing the bags upright. Duh, you could fit 4 roller bags back there with the false floor out. This is why I keep her. So sometimes it's nice to not have that floor in there.

SeanNelson

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:32 pm

Airbesar wrote:To go tangental. I was recently ranting to my wife about not being able to fit 2 roller bags in the way back. She wondered why I didn't try taking out the false floor and standing the bags upright. Duh, you could fit 4 roller bags back there with the false floor out. This is why I keep her. So sometimes it's nice to not have that floor in there.

And the floor is designed for this - it can be propped upright against the seat back to give you all that extra space.

devbolt

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 am

SeanNelson wrote:
Airbesar wrote:To go tangental. I was recently ranting to my wife about not being able to fit 2 roller bags in the way back. She wondered why I didn't try taking out the false floor and standing the bags upright. Duh, you could fit 4 roller bags back there with the false floor out. This is why I keep her. So sometimes it's nice to not have that floor in there.

And the floor is designed for this - it can be propped upright against the seat back to give you all that extra space.

Or laid flat in the well. Very versatile...

Return to “News and Main Chevy Bolt EV Forum”