IMAdolt

Re: Rear Cargo Board is Dealer Optional

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:49 pm

If it's going to cost me 500$ to get one in my LT I'll be making it out of sketchiest piece of plywood I can find in m back yard.

JeffreyDV

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:51 pm

IMAdolt wrote:If it's going to cost me 500$ to get one in my LT I'll be making it out of sketchiest piece of plywood I can find in m back yard.

My LT did not come with one. I plan on ordering one online and installing it myself. Total cost about $150.

devbolt

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:23 pm

IMAdolt wrote:If it's going to cost me 500$ to get one in my LT I'll be making it out of sketchiest piece of plywood I can find in m back yard.

The shelf and hardware is $170. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to install. Easily done by an owner who can follow directions.

Tttait

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:22 pm

I'd bet that the dealer was trying to sell a base model car and the prospective buyer made them throw in a cargo board. Or worse they wold them a dealer cargo board and then just took one from one of the Premier cars on the lot - yours. Then when it was your turn they charged you to add one to a car that should have had it in the first place. I'll bet the one they sold you is in fact taken out of another Premier on their lot so they can keep the scam running.

Call them out - tell us all the dealer here. Call them out on social media. Make it hurt for them. You are a victim of fraud.

JerryBob

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 pm

This is $100 extra option from the factory if you have the LT. The side plastic pieces in the trunk are different as they have mounting points molded in. Very few LT's come with this option but is standard with the Premier. If your Premier did not come with it that dealer has some explaining to do.
2017 Bolt LT
2015 BMW i3
2001 BMW Z3
2007 Ford Mustang GT500
1960 VW Beetle (Restored Original)
1968 Chevrolet Camaro convertible
1969 Chevrolet Corvette

SeanNelson

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:21 am

Tttait wrote:I'd bet that the dealer was trying to sell a base model car and the prospective buyer made them throw in a cargo board. Or worse they wold them a dealer cargo board and then just took one from one of the Premier cars on the lot - yours.

That seems a bit unlikely because the board alone is pretty useless without the little plastic rails that it sits on - and those aren't installed in the LT either.

TimBolt

Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:47 pm

SeanNelson wrote:
Tttait wrote:I'd bet that the dealer was trying to sell a base model car and the prospective buyer made them throw in a cargo board. Or worse they wold them a dealer cargo board and then just took one from one of the Premier cars on the lot - yours.

That seems a bit unlikely because the board alone is pretty useless without the little plastic rails that it sits on - and those aren't installed in the LT either.

My dealer did exactly that, pulled a cargo cover from another car on the lot and gave it to me for my LT.

I knew about the need for the side brackets, but I only found out later that the brackets couldn’t be ordered separately, only as part of the cargo shelf kit. I ended up buying the kit online and now I have an extra shelf.

By the way, installation is very easy, only took about 10 minutes, just cut out the bolt hole plastic covers with a utility razor knife and screw in the brackets using the provided bolts.
2017 Bolt LT

cdnjay

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:57 am

Where did you order the cargo shelf kit? Do you know the part number?

JerryBob

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:31 pm

I installed this on my Bolt LT. There are 2 different versions available depending on the VIN of your car. Seems at some point in the Bolt production run they started adding one of the pieces standard the older car kit includes. Ask the parts department for a false floor kit. Took a few days for it to show up. I was told if you want the dealer to install it is a recommended $11 fee.
2017 Bolt LT
2015 BMW i3
2001 BMW Z3
2007 Ford Mustang GT500
1960 VW Beetle (Restored Original)
1968 Chevrolet Camaro convertible
1969 Chevrolet Corvette

AyeJay

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:12 pm

The day I brought my Bolt EV LT home I removed that silly ridgid foam block GM calls "storage compartment" under the cargo floor (see picture below) after unscrewing the large "retainer screw".. This easily tripled the storage space available under the cargo floor..

I then made a cover board out of 3/8" plywood to go under the gray cloth cargo floor cover .. It took about an hour and $8 in material.

I don't have a need for a shelf above the cargo floor once it's made solid but that's just my opinion.

AJ
Last edited by AyeJay on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- 2020 Bolt EV Premium
- 1982 VW Rabbit (Caddy) Pickup

Return to “News and Main Chevy Bolt EV Forum”