Rear Cargo Board is Dealer Optional

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrad4

I got home Saturday after buying my Bolt Premier and found there was no shelf/floorboard in the cargo area. All the photos and videos of the Bolt EV i have seen show the shelf/floorboard in the cargo area. So, I thought it was standard equipment and was left out when they detailed the car. Wrong! Today I went back to the dealer and they explained that it is listed as Dealer Optional. So $184 and change later, I now have the shelf/floorboard in the cargo area of my new Bolt.

Its a dealer option if not installed from the factory (LT only). Costs much less if ordered with though.

*Corrected the Premier/LT difference.

If you mean the double floor in the rear cargo area, it is standard in the Premier and available in the LT, according to:

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2017&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=20503&section=oi_def&page=3&butID=3&print=true&embed=true
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/bolt-ev/2017.tab3.html

"GK8 Storage, rear cargo, double floor"

The dealer shouldn't have charged you as the "false floor" is standard equipment on the Premier trim.

They should not have charged you to install the parts, as the false floor is listed as standard equipment on the Premiere on the Chevy web site and in the configurator the salesmen use. They are BSing you, and you have a small-claims case if you want to pursue it.

Print this linked page and take it back to the dealer - you have been defrauded. Click the MORE link under Premiere to reveal the features list.
http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/en/US/chevrolet/bolt-ev/2017/bolt-ev/trim

excerpt
================================================
MSRP from $41,780
Feature Highlights Of The Bolt EV Premiere Trim:
Everything that comes with LT plus:
17” Ultra Bright Machined/painted aluminum wheel
Rear armrest
False cargo floor
================================================

I have a Premier. The false floor came with. I usually stick the charging cable, maybe an extension cord, and the shopping bags under the false floor

To go tangental. I was recently ranting to my wife about not being able to fit 2 roller bags in the way back. She wondered why I didn't try taking out the false floor and standing the bags upright. Duh, you could fit 4 roller bags back there with the false floor out. This is why I keep her. So sometimes it's nice to not have that floor in there.

Airbesar said:
To go tangental. I was recently ranting to my wife about not being able to fit 2 roller bags in the way back. She wondered why I didn't try taking out the false floor and standing the bags upright. Duh, you could fit 4 roller bags back there with the false floor out. This is why I keep her. So sometimes it's nice to not have that floor in there.
And the floor is designed for this - it can be propped upright against the seat back to give you all that extra space.

SeanNelson said:
Airbesar said:
And the floor is designed for this - it can be propped upright against the seat back to give you all that extra space.

Or laid flat in the well. Very versatile...

If it's going to cost me 500$ to get one in my LT I'll be making it out of sketchiest piece of plywood I can find in m back yard.

IMAdolt said:
If it's going to cost me 500$ to get one in my LT I'll be making it out of sketchiest piece of plywood I can find in m back yard.

My LT did not come with one. I plan on ordering one online and installing it myself. Total cost about $150.

IMAdolt said:
The shelf and hardware is $170. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to install. Easily done by an owner who can follow directions.

I'd bet that the dealer was trying to sell a base model car and the prospective buyer made them throw in a cargo board. Or worse they wold them a dealer cargo board and then just took one from one of the Premier cars on the lot - yours. Then when it was your turn they charged you to add one to a car that should have had it in the first place. I'll bet the one they sold you is in fact taken out of another Premier on their lot so they can keep the scam running.

Call them out - tell us all the dealer here. Call them out on social media. Make it hurt for them. You are a victim of fraud.

This is $100 extra option from the factory if you have the LT. The side plastic pieces in the trunk are different as they have mounting points molded in. Very few LT's come with this option but is standard with the Premier. If your Premier did not come with it that dealer has some explaining to do.

Tttait said:
I'd bet that the dealer was trying to sell a base model car and the prospective buyer made them throw in a cargo board. Or worse they wold them a dealer cargo board and then just took one from one of the Premier cars on the lot - yours.
That seems a bit unlikely because the board alone is pretty useless without the little plastic rails that it sits on - and those aren't installed in the LT either.

SeanNelson said:
Tttait said:
I'd bet that the dealer was trying to sell a base model car and the prospective buyer made them throw in a cargo board. Or worse they wold them a dealer cargo board and then just took one from one of the Premier cars on the lot - yours.
That seems a bit unlikely because the board alone is pretty useless without the little plastic rails that it sits on - and those aren't installed in the LT either.

My dealer did exactly that, pulled a cargo cover from another car on the lot and gave it to me for my LT.

I knew about the need for the side brackets, but I only found out later that the brackets couldn’t be ordered separately, only as part of the cargo shelf kit. I ended up buying the kit online and now I have an extra shelf.

By the way, installation is very easy, only took about 10 minutes, just cut out the bolt hole plastic covers with a utility razor knife and screw in the brackets using the provided bolts.

I installed this on my Bolt LT. There are 2 different versions available depending on the VIN of your car. Seems at some point in the Bolt production run they started adding one of the pieces standard the older car kit includes. Ask the parts department for a false floor kit. Took a few days for it to show up. I was told if you want the dealer to install it is a recommended $11 fee.

The day I brought my Bolt EV LT home I removed that silly ridgid foam block GM calls "storage compartment" under the cargo floor (see picture below) after unscrewing the large "retainer screw".. This easily tripled the storage space available under the cargo floor..

b9a5e44f8e79c7ad8cf201bf1b8516a8.png

I then made a cover board out of 3/8" plywood to go under the gray cloth cargo floor cover .. It took about an hour and $8 in material.

I don't have a need for a shelf above the cargo floor once it's made solid but that's just my opinion.

AJ

Back