Competing with Model 2, or the i3?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchev

To me, the Chevy Bolt EV looks more like a replacement for the BMW i3 than a vehicle that will compete with Tesla's Model 3.

It has a similar shape and size to the i3, and seats 4. It isn't a crossover, it's more of a tall sub-compact like the i3. Granted, that's hard to judge until we see them side by side or in person.

If it can get 200 miles EPA, then it will have more range and be $10,000 less than the current i3 - and that will either force BMW to lower their price-point, or slip back into the luxury-only category.

It's even the same debut orange as the i3 was!

Sorry, I meant Tesla Model 3, not Model 2 - that would be the X, totally different market segment :)

Seems like Tesla is in a bit of defense mode since they had nothing new to show, not even a production version of the Model X. People give Tesla a hard time, but really, visionaries are what has moved us forward. Musk is helping to pave the way to a more sustainable and environmentally friendly future. But so can the Bolt too!

I liked the BMW i3 and when I drove in it it was roomy and had decent power. However, the 80 mile range just wasn't good enough for me, at that price too, over the Leaf.

I think if (when) GM moves on the Bolt EV it will light a fire under the other automakers... it's the start of much higher range EVs

Back