Slippery Trunk Surface (with false cargo floor)

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgs333

I have a false cargo floor and when I put stuff (especially my laptop) in there, the laptop slides around like crazy during normal driving, banging against the sides. Does anyone have recommendations for what I can do to make it less slippery?

I was thinking of placing some kind of a mat but the mat itself would need to be able to stick to the existing surface well.

I use collapsible crates to hold things in but something could slide around in them if there isn't other stuff in the crate to prevent it.

However, a cheap non-slip carpet liner will work well. It's designed to prevent throw rugs from slipping on wood floors.

Pretty much available everywhere. Try your local Lowes, Home Depot or Ace Hardware and, if that fails, any carpet store should have some.

I purchased the trunk rubber mat for the Bolt Premier from GM. Perfect form fit. I also keep a plastic Coca Cola 24 pack crate back there to put items in that would slide around and great for transporting small purchases when shopping.

Thanks everyone. I got this from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013MGBML4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it works well.

Back