Dealer Inspection at 5,000 or 7,500 miles

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarrngtn

As far as I can tell from the manual there should be no need to go to the dealer until the tires are rotated at 7,500 miles. But my dealer sent me an email saying 5,000 is right. I suspect that is a standard email that they send to everybody and really only applies to ICE cars. Right?

On page 312 of the owners manual is the "Tire Rotation and Required Services every 7,500 Miles". It says to rotate the tires, perform a visual inspection of certain components, and lubricate the door locks if you have used a de-icing agent on them. None of this seems to be dealer performed specifically but would it have an effect on any warranty issues if it was not documented to be done?

I called my dealer after 12,000 miles and asked for the first inspection. They had to find out what to do first. When I called back later they said the only thing they would do is tire rotation. I ended up not going because I was about to change to winter tires anyway.
I will probably call again a while before the warranty expires at 24,000 miles.

my dealer/dummy tried the same thing at 6000 km. I explained it wasn’t required yet and besides I had already switched to winter tires. Dealers still don’t have a clue about the Bolt

RalfsBolt said:
before the warranty expires at 24,000 miles.

3/36 bumper to bumper Warranty in the US and 5/60 powertrain Warranty
8 years or 100,000 miles of battery and electric components coverage and Courtesy Transportation

Complete care covers the cost of the first two visits for 2/24. The first two visits are only tire rotation.

Back