Waze acts differently in the Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokingRubber

Im my wife's Mazda CX-5 I've installed (bootlegged) Android Auto into her stock system. I've also installed Waze on her phone, and we both have the same model phone.

In her car, Waze prompts for verification of hazards and cops on the side of the road. I can select a little LIKE button or say the hazard is not there. In the Bolt, I've never gotten this prompt. I can report a hazard, and see existing hazards, but not verify one.

Her car screen doesn't go into night mode, mine does. Her Android Auto is buggy and it constantly boots her, mine doesn't. Hers lets you LIKE the hazards, mine doesn't.

How does yours act? Have you used it in other cars?

>In her car, Waze prompts for verification of hazards and cops on the side of the road. I can select a little LIKE button or say the hazard is not there.

I'm not following on how these two are different? With Waze some hazards along the road will prompt you with a warning. You can then select a thumbs up to indicate they are still there or "not there" to indicate it is no longer accurate. You can also manually select an icon on the map and that will then give you the ability to enter a thumbs up, but not allow you to select "not there". Should be the same whether using Waze solely on your phone or through AA.

My first thought in regards to the differences is to to double check the settings in the app are the same on both. In the settings you can control a lot of the behavior such as night mode, which alerts will be displayed / prompted for, etc. For instance on mine, I have it set to not give me the "car on shoulder" alerts since most of my driving in on major freeways. I also have mine set to be in night mode all the time.

For Night/Day Mode: Settings -> Display & Map
For Alerts: Settings -> DIsplay & Map -> Alerts on Route (Turn them green if you want to be notified)

DesertSprings said:
With Waze some hazards along the road will prompt you with a warning. You can then select a thumbs up to indicate they are still there or "not there" to indicate it is no longer accurate.

For Night/Day Mode: Settings -> Display & Map
For Alerts: Settings -> DIsplay & Map -> Alerts on Route (Turn them green if you want to be notified)

No, the Waze in my Bolt does not give me the option to thumbs up anything... ever. All my alerts are on. You're saying yours is different in your Bolt?

Yes. Got two popups on the drive in to work for police that weren't there.

Have you checked the settings I mentioned above? If you don't use AA, do you get the popups?

My Bolt software is 14.1.0
Waze: 4.33.0.1
Android Auto: 2.7.543954 (on my phone)
Phone: Samsung S7 running Android 7.0

One thing I did notice today is that Waze in AA switched from Night to Day mode, even though I've got Waze set to night mode only in settings, so it seems AA ignores that setting.

DesertSprings said:
Yes. Got two popups on the drive in to work for police that weren't there.

Have you checked the settings I mentioned above? If you don't use AA, do you get the popups?

My Bolt software is 14.1.0
Waze: 4.33.0.1
Android Auto: 2.7.543954 (on my phone)
Phone: Samsung S7 running Android 7.0

One thing I did notice today is that Waze in AA switched from Night to Day mode, even though I've got Waze set to night mode only in settings, so it seems AA ignores that setting.

I haven't tried it without AA. I just uninstalled Waze and reinstalled it on my phone. I've checked all the settings. I haven't checked the Bolt software but it's supposed to update automatically when it's near my wifi. Right now, my Bolt is down the street at Lowe's getting juice. I'll see if the new Waze made any changes after work.

The Bolt Software doesn't support OTA updates. The only way to get updates at the moment is to have the dealer flash the new software.

If you go into settings and check for updates, it will always tell you you have the latest version, but it will show you the version number. I'd start there, you might have an older version with an older AA implementation.

Latest is 14.2.0.

Back