Front Seats in Premier vs LT

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WS7

I'm leaning to the purchase of a Premier, in part because of the leather seats in one color. But I've come across a few posts suggesting the front seats in the LT are more comfortable than the Premier's because they have thicker or firmer padding. (Perhaps this variation in construction isn't related to the car model at all.) I can't easily compare the two models because of a scarcity of Bolts at Canadian dealerships, so I'd be very interested in other people's impressions. I know the front seat topic has been covered extensively, so I'm not looking for more views on that general topic. Thanks.

From what I've read (I sat in just the Premiere) it depends more on the individual car than on the model. A real quality control issue!

It makes sense that it wouldn't be related to the model. Certainly what I was hoping! Thanks.

Here's one of the posts suggesting differences in seat construction might be related to the model, but I'm still hopeful it's random: http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5775

I have a Premiere and I have no problems with the front seats. Nor has anyone who has been in the car. It really depends on the individual (person, car, not sure).

OK, I'm convinced as well. Hopefully 2018s will have consistently good padding.

LeftieBiker said:
From what I've read (I sat in just the Premiere) it depends more on the individual car than on the model. A real quality control issue!
Could it be a matter of fabric tension varying due to clip placement? It'd be good if it was just a matter of removing, retensioning, and replacing the clips...

DaveInAvl said:
LeftieBiker said:
Could it be a matter of fabric tension varying due to clip placement? It'd be good if it was just a matter of removing, retensioning, and replacing the clips...

Nope. Some seats need padding added below the factory padding, others have a bolt end protruding into the left driver's seat bolster, and some have both issues. Oh, and many have poor cushions in the seat back as well, for which we don't yet have a fix.

Back