The two latest recalls, A172114410 and N17127150

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigwich

We've been hearing about this OTA update, A172114410, issued April 9th 2018, which seems pretty benign, and the slightly more troubling N17127150, issued April 5th, 2018.

I had heard something that sounded a lot like the N17127150 update for the "loss of propulsion" issues from last year. Does this ring a bell?

And as for the A172114410, this sounds like the 14.4.2 radio update from this winter, but is this on TOP of that? Seems like it is, but it also sounds like it's maybe breaking video playback on top of it... Not sure. We'll find out I guess, but does anybody have any info on what this is all about? Exactly?

My understanding is the Battery item was for ALL 2017 Bolt EVs - they are providing a software update that will notify you if you are experiencing a low voltage issue that will impact range AHEAD of loss of propulsion. 2018s already have this.

The Radio update would be OTA starting on the 18th and rolling out over several months. You can also have this done at the Dealer. The result is version 14.5.0 on a 2017. I don't believe this recall applies to 2018s either...

Hello,

I had my service done on both A172114410 and N17127150 this morning. It took about 90 minutes to complete, and I can say for a fact that they did at least update the radio, and it's sits at 14.5.0 with no immediately obvious differences. Keypass on the Google Pixel XL is still busted. Thus far, everything seems fine.

Over and out

Had mine done yesterday. Radio is updated, note on the invoice says "Update not needed" for the battery item. Maybe since it is a Nov 2017 build - or I heard on another forum that they may have pulled the battery update - not confirmed...

Call me old school, but I still like to play CDs which means folders off the thumb drive. I'd like to, that is. I stopped b/c music stops after each folder's last track. I got real fast tired of clicking through the steering wheel buttons like something only Bill Gates and his disciples would design. So now I just play SiriusXM. On account of that, it does not even list the station content, just the station numbers, i.e. you have to remember 74 (or whatever) is JAZZ, for example. No cute, as my wife would say.

I have not seen a dumber "entertainment" system than Bolt's. It is actually dangerous, the amount of attention it asks you to provide it with JUST TO MOVE TO THE NEXT FOLDER when the music STOPS is just accident waiting to happen.

As I said before, music should never stop. Period.

Thus...this update is most certainly for birds, Ms Barra. Hyundai Kona will soon be nipping at your heels.

I got the OTA radio update done. Though it says I have "14.5.0 C". Not sure what the extra C means...

interesting - i just had 14.5 installed by the dealer and despite checking at least once every 2 days, it keeps telling me my software is up to date, displaying version 14.5.0. maybe the C just means it was an OTA update?

Back