What goes there?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broosth

New Bolt owner here.

Under the mat in the storage area is a foamed plastic storage thingy with a variety of compartments. Only one is in use, the towing eye.

Does anyone know what the rest of the space if designed for?

I keep my 12A charge cord (EVSE) and Tesla adapter there. If you have the Premier with Bose 7 speaker audio, the subwoofer and amp are located below that insert, where a spare tire/wheel would normally go.

broosth said:
New Bolt owner here.

Under the mat in the storage area is a foamed plastic storage thingy with a variety of compartments. Only one is in use, the towing eye.

Does anyone know what the rest of the space if designed for?
The can of tire goo and the electric inflator (i.e., air pump) go in there. In the Canadian market those are standard equipment items - but in the US I believe you have to buy them separately if you want them. I guess GM figures that the self-seal tires make those items redundant, but we Canadians aren't having any of that... ;)

Did you suggest the Chevy inflator or something (probably more reasonably priced) from another source?

broosth said:
Did you suggest the Chevy inflator or something (probably more reasonably priced) from another source?
I suggest a spare tire. An OEM tire on an OEM wheel fits fine in the lower cargo compartment (the one above the styrofoam insert and below the false floor that makes the cargo area even with the folded rear seats).

Back