Improve Android Auto display

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broosth

When I first saw Android Auto on my console, it looked fuzzy. I found that there is a developer mode in AA that allows one to set the display output to 720p and 1080p. That made my display much clearer. The basic instruction is this:

Open AA. Tap on the “Android Auto” text in the top left 10 times. When you’re close to enabling the menu, a notification will show up with how many taps are remaining. Once the developer menu has been unlocked, you can access it from the three-dot overflow menu in the top right corner.

Go into the Developer settings and look for screen resolution.

broosth said:
When I first saw Android Auto on my console, it looked fuzzy. I found that there is a developer mode in AA that allows one to set the display output to 720p and 1080p. That made my display much clearer. The basic instruction is this:

Open AA. Tap on the “Android Auto” text in the top left 10 times. When you’re close to enabling the menu, a notification will show up with how many taps are remaining. Once the developer menu has been unlocked, you can access it from the three-dot overflow menu in the top right corner.

Go into the Developer settings and look for screen resolution.

Awesome tip. The fuzzy screen was one of the few things about the Bolt that bugged me. You forgot to mention that once you open AA you have to choose "About" in the menu at the top left before tapping on "Android Auto". If someone figures out how to keep Sport mode from defaulting to off I might be out of things to complain about my Bolt :D

Sorry I skipped that step. I was working from memory. One change I would like is a one button way to open the front camera display when I am parking. I know it comes one when I move from R to D, but sometimes I am simply moving forward into a space and want to know where the concrete bumper is. I know I can get there with two taps on the console display, but that requires taking my attention off the road for too long.

Back