Differences from concept/production versions of Bolt EV

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picasso

I always find it interesting to see what sort of things get dropped from a concept to production vehicle, so I wanted to start this list on the Chevrolet Bolt Forum!

Here is a picture of the concept Bolt EV:
Chevrolet-Bolt-NAIAS-10.jpg

Here is a picture of the production Bolt EV:
bolt-005-copy-1.jpg

No more recessed door handles, I guess they opted to skip all the troubles Tesla has had with their pop-out door handles.

No glass/panorama roof, although this could possibly be an option but likely got dropped because of weight and cost issues.

Wheels in the production spy photo aren't solid, they are typical spoked mag wheels so either GM isn't worried about aerodynamics, or these are just test mule wheels to keep something hidden before the big Bolt EV reveal in January at CES

I think I like the chrome trim (lower window) on the concept better.

For me, with any car, it's all about the seats. The seats in my Spark EV are ok, and nothing to write home about. The seats in my Fusion Energi Titanium are fantastic.

Two things: (1) the roof line on the production version will cramp backseat tall people, like me. (2) not sure but the production trunk space may be less.

Both of these things make a real, positive difference to me and ones that make the current Leaf body style a winner. They all look funky and futuristic at first.

You're right, it looks like they lowered the slope on the production Bolt EV roofline, probably for aerodynamics? The concept didn't look fast enough maybe :)

Back