Chevy Bolt details and specs LEAKED ahead of keynote by CEO

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmvoltguy

The specifications and details on the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV have been leaked, and this is likely the main points of what CEO Mary Barra was going to talk about during her 1pm PST/4pm EST keynote speech at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas.

•9 hours to fully recharge on Level 2 (likely 6.6 kW or higher)
•EPA-estimated range of 200 miles or more
•Available in late 2016
•Expected output of ~150 HP
•~ 300 pound-feet of torque
•0 to 60 MPH in ~ 7 seconds
•Top speed of more than 90 MPH
•DC fast charger will recharge car from 0 to 80% in 45 minutes (more than 50 kW?)
•Price still claimed to be less than $30,000 after the $7,500 tax credit
•10.2-inch touchscreen
•Exterior structure is made of aluminium, carbon fiber and mineral magnesium
•Battery tucked under floor
•Seating for 5
•4 USB ports, as well as the 4G LTE

President of General Motors North America, Alan Batey:
"The Bolt EV truly embodies the ingenuity hat is at the core of everything we do at Chevrolet. The technologies and the engineering expertise behind the Bolt EV are tremendous examples of the kind of innovation we intend to offer our customers, across an array of products at a tremendous value, something only Chevrolet can deliver."

Detroit Free Press:
General Motors’ first all-electric vehicle is not just a real car, it has surprising agility, a larger-than-expected interior and decent quick acceleration.

Those were my impressions after a brief drive with the Chevrolet Bolt in a large parking lot across from the Las Vegas Convention Center this afternoon.

No one will confuse it with a Corvette or Camaro. That’s not its goal in life.

But in world of waning appetites for fossil fuel and growing interest in ride-sharing, the Bolt has a chance to find its niche.

With a maximum speed of slightly more than 90 miles per hour — I did not reach that in my modest trip — the Bolt works quite well in urban driving where maneuverability is crucial.

People just can't keep things to themselves until the appointed time?!
Hopefully there will be more to Mary Barra's keynote then what was already leaked, otherwise GM and maybe me too will be disappointed!

Based on the charge speed of the DC quick charge of 45 minutes to 80%, and of an EPA rated range of 200 miles (which isn't confirmed yet and won't be for some time), and using the Nissan LEAF EPA rating and battery pack size, that puts the Chevy Bolt battery pack size at 51.3 kWh

0-60mph in less than 7 seconds looks good to me! Not as much torque as the Chevy Spark EV, this Bolt as 300 lb-ft, Spark EV has 400lb-ft

mitchev said:
0-60mph in less than 7 seconds looks good to me! Not as much torque as the Chevy Spark EV, this Bolt as 300 lb-ft, Spark EV has 400lb-ft

The Spark EV is now rated at 327 lb-ft. That 400 lb-ft. rating disappeared at some point. Not sure when or why.

Oh well that's basically comparable then, especially considering this is still just a pre-production version the specs will likely get more specific as the rollout nears later this year!

It will be interesting to know if the Bolt EV will use the same motor/gear system as the Spark EV or not?

Back