Another positive review, this time from Kelley Blue Book

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idknow

I don't think I've read a real negative review - some have their anti-EV comments, others have their "not as good as the Model 3" comments, but overall people are impressed with the Bolt EV.

This review is by the director of Kelley Blue Book and they loved how it drove, handled, and the fit and finish of it. Sounds like Chevrolet has done an amazing job!

I find this interesting:
My six-foot two-inch frame fits effortlessly into the front seats, with plenty of space for my head, shoulders, and legs. After moving the driver's seat to my setting, I drop into the second row — a real-world “interior occupancy” test. The rear thrones are noticeably higher (we call the view "commanding"), but still comfortable. I wiggle around, fiddle with the armrest and twin USB ports, then decide that I would sit back there for at least a few hours with another adult before objecting too loudly — three may be a crowd.

Full review here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kelleybluebook/2016/10/27/2017-chevrolet-bolt-two-experts-drive-and-like-the-new-ev/#421032cc479a

I don't think GM will ever be forgiven for the debacle of the EV-1 it was handled with error and was decades ahead of its time.

The Bolt EV should be reliable. GM has experience building millions of vehicles, compare that to the reports coming out about the Model S and Model X!

Every review I've heard says that the Bolt is well engineered and a great car, not even taking into consideration it is an EV.

Sounds like GM has left room for improvement too - AWD, or automation etc

Yep- Tesla is aiming at a moving target. By the time the Model 3 comes out, the Bolt will be looking to add things to the EV for model year 2018/2019

idknow said:
I don't think I've read a real negative review - some have their anti-EV comments, others have their "not as good as the Model 3" comments, but overall people are impressed with the Bolt EV.

This review is by the director of Kelley Blue Book and they loved how it drove, handled, and the fit and finish of it. Sounds like Chevrolet has done an amazing job!

I find this interesting:
My six-foot two-inch frame fits effortlessly into the front seats, with plenty of space for my head, shoulders, and legs. After moving the driver's seat to my setting, I drop into the second row — a real-world “interior occupancy” test. The rear thrones are noticeably higher (we call the view "commanding"), but still comfortable. I wiggle around, fiddle with the armrest and twin USB ports, then decide that I would sit back there for at least a few hours with another adult before objecting too loudly — three may be a crowd.

Full review here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kelleybluebook/2016/10/27/2017-chevrolet-bolt-two-experts-drive-and-like-the-new-ev/#421032cc479a

Oh wow I tried to read this article online but I couldn't get to the actual article for some reason ,not sure what was happening, so I'm glad I get to read it here

ziv said:
Yep- Tesla is aiming at a moving target. By the time the Model 3 comes out, the Bolt will be looking to add things to the EV for model year 2018/2019

Moving target, that illustrates your point well

I agree but Tesla has a lot of innovation up its sleeve. It wouldn't surprise me if they are preparing for that

voltage said:
ziv said:

Moving target, that illustrates your point well

I agree but Tesla has a lot of innovation up its sleeve. It wouldn't surprise me if they are preparing for that

Yup moving target is a good way to put it

JupiterMoon said:
I think it's silly to compare this car to a Model 3. They are entirely different vehicles IMO.
The Bolt and Model 3 are the only EVs that share the two most important characteristics that EV buyers are looking for - range and price. Of course they're going to be compared. They'll continue to be compared until there's a much larger choice of EVs with similar characteristics.

SeanNelson said:
JupiterMoon said:
I think it's silly to compare this car to a Model 3. They are entirely different vehicles IMO.
The Bolt and Model 3 are the only EVs that share the two most important characteristics that EV buyers are looking for - range and price. Of course they're going to be compared. They'll continue to be compared until there's a much larger choice of EVs with similar characteristics.

The comparisons may happen but the they are pointless and moot. They are not similar vehicles beyond that of having the same propulsion systems. That can be said about comparing different ICEs and how pointless it would be to compare a cross-over to a full blown sports sedan.

Price is something almost all but the wealthiest people give importance to.

JupiterMoon said:

I agree 100%. The Bolt is offered for sale, and can be ordered. The model 3 is vaporware.

SparkE said:
JupiterMoon said:

I agree 100%. The Bolt is offered for sale, and can be ordered. The model 3 is vaporware.

It's not vaporware at all. Some may like to psych themselves out and think it is but it's not. It's a real car based on tech that came out ahead of the Bolt and has been in use years before the Bolt was even conceived. So it's ridiculous to call it vaporware. When it comes out, no one will be cross-shopping between the two.

"vaporware" is something that is not for sale yet - it is NOT (necessarily) something that will NEVER be for sale.

vaporware: software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

You can not buy the model 3 today. Nobody knows the exact details on the car. How is its acceleration? What is the exact cost? What is its range? What is its efficiency? What exactly will be in the base configuration? Will it have navigation standard? As an option? What is the battery warranty (if any)? What color choices are available? Will there be an option for a larger battery?

Nobody knows, as it doesn't exist yet - it is vaporware.

SparkE said:
"vaporware" is something that is not for sale yet - it is NOT (necessarily) something that will NEVER be for sale.

vaporware: software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

You can not buy the model 3 today. Nobody knows the exact details on the car. How is its acceleration? What is the exact cost? What is its range? What is its efficiency? What exactly will be in the base configuration? Will it have navigation standard? As an option? What is the battery warranty (if any)? What color choices are available? Will there be an option for a larger battery?

Let's agree to disagree.

I honestly don't understand the disdain people here have for Tesla. It's quite amusing.

JupiterMoon said:
SparkE said:

Let's agree to disagree.

I honestly don't understand the disdain people here have for Tesla. It's quite amusing.

What part of that do you disagree with? Sounds like a list of facts to me.

As to his disdain for Tesla? I don't see it. At least not in anything you quoted.

BTW, count me as one who is absolutely cross shopping the Bolt and the Model III. I don't care that one is a hatchback and one is a sedan. Well, ok, I care. But I don't limit myself by such silly things. And this is not the wildest cross shopping I've done. My first new car was a Honda S2000. I cross shopped an original 2-seater Honda Insight. When I bought the Leaf, I cross shopped a Volt. That's another pair people claimed was "rediculous" to compare.

JupiterMoon said:
It's not vaporware at all. Some may like to psych themselves out and think it is but it's not. It's a real car based on tech that came out ahead of the Bolt and has been in use years before the Bolt was even conceived.
It's not a "real car" until at least one of them has actually been built - one that's in the configuration that will be sold to the public. Right now it's just a design, and that design is still secret. So everyone arguing about its merits or flaws is at best making educated guesses. There's hardly a better candidate for being labelled "vaporware" than that.

The Model 3 will eventually become a real car, and then the arguments (pro and con) will have some substance behind them. But right now it's all just smoke and mirrors, at least for us common folk who aren't privy to the inside scoop.

JupiterMoon said:
Lol...whatever guys. Clearly it's not a logical debate here so I'll leave it at that.

If you would like a logical debate, please address the specific facts that SparkE listed. He gave a clear definition of the term "vaporware" and then showed how the Model III fits that definition. If you disagree, that's fine and good. You are entitled to. Please present your definition of vaporware, and explain why the Model III should not be labelled as such. That's how a logical debate should work.

Back