Motor Trend reviews Bolt, Leaf, and Model 3

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltage

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-3/2017/the-automobile-2-0-chevrolet-bolt-ev-premier-vs-nissan-leaf-sl-vs-tesla-model-3-long-range/

Motor Trend said:
Taking all these factors into consideration, our finishing order in this first-ever comparison test of affordable long-range electric vehicles: Tesla Model 3 first, then the Chevrolet Bolt and Nissan Leaf. True, this is a $60,500 Model 3—but some say magic is priceless. Hey, Tesla fans, are your hands still up?

Perhaps not a coincidence that the Model 3 is the most sporty, while the Leaf is the least sporty? (Car reviewers commonly tend to favor sportier cars.)

boltage said:
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-3/2017/the-automobile-2-0-chevrolet-bolt-ev-premier-vs-nissan-leaf-sl-vs-tesla-model-3-long-range/

Motor Trend said:
Taking all these factors into consideration, our finishing order in this first-ever comparison test of affordable long-range electric vehicles: Tesla Model 3 first, then the Chevrolet Bolt and Nissan Leaf. True, this is a $60,500 Model 3—but some say magic is priceless. Hey, Tesla fans, are your hands still up?

Perhaps not a coincidence that the Model 3 is the most sporty, while the Leaf is the least sporty? (Car reviewers commonly tend to favor sportier cars.)

2 of the 3 reviewers actually preferred the Bolt over the M3.

First, welcome back, sgt - it's been awhile!

Personal request - could you refer to the Tesla model 3 as something besides M3 or m3? I always think of a souped up BMW 3 series when I see "M3". Maybe that's just my age talking....

SparkE said:
First, welcome back, sgt - it's been awhile!

Personal request - could you refer to the Tesla model 3 as something besides M3 or m3? I always think of a souped up BMW 3 series when I see "M3". Maybe that's just my age talking....

Ok, I'll call it the Model 3 (as opposed to the M3). Hope that helps ya. ;)

BTW, I've got about $3K in M3 parts lined up to add to my 335i for a M3 strut brace, a pair of Koni front stuts, LCI clear headlights and an M3 replica front end. This doesn't include another $1-2k to install/paint the parts. LOL! :eek:

Back