Vehicle software update

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markbvbb

DOES YOUR BOLT HAVE THE LASTEST SOFT WARE UPDATE???
14.1 is not the latest, there is a 14.4.2 relase this December 2017 to solve issues with infotainment center that will fix some issues and provide some enhancements . According to a YouTube video a driver had problems and the dealer solve the problems by updating the vehicle software. This update can only be done by and at an authorize dealer ship. Even though the vehicle says you have the latest ( like some cell phones DOES, but untrue) there is an update available that cannot be access by driver using the settings area.
Here is YouTube video info.

https://youtu.be/8KJxZOkwV7M

https://youtu.be/10VxPWQlrQE

Welcome comments.

I have an appointment on the 15th to get the firmware updated. They said it could take 2 hours and if it gets interrupted we could brick the brain module.

Hopefully this update allows future updates OTA. I'll be happy with a larger portion of the screen being used on AA. I also hope it fixes the voice command button. OK GOOGLE works great when AA is active, but the button on the steering wheel to activate voice commands is suspect.

Do it yourself and save a trip to the dealership.
https://electrek.co/2018/01/12/update-chevy-bolt-ev-firmware/
A bunch of us have done it. All you need is 20 minutes and
a thumb drive. Worked exactly as advertised.

I updated from 4.1.0 to 4.4.2 using the Electrek instructions over the weekend. No issues. I don't use Android, but I'm hoping that maybe some other issues I've been having might get fixed. Will be interesting to see if OTA is indeed enabled now.

I also updated successfully to 14.4.2 over the weekend. It was simple. The update process looks 'slick'.

I could not find any functional difference (CarPlay/iPhone user). I have not experienced any issues until now, so it could be that this software is more stable than the previous versions. I had CarPlay misbehaving (hanging) about once every 2 days in the past, so I know after a few days whether this update has indeed improved stability.

The FM favorite station list still has a bug that the first (or last) station always shows the frequency as '0.0' after the car was restarted. For some reason the Bolt really doesn't like my favorite station at 104.9 MHz.

sspattison said:
In this post:
http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/10-t...pdate-your-chevy-bolt-firmware-via-usb-3.html
two owners say that after updating to 14.4.2 they cannot play videos on the infotainment system any more. Can anyone else verify this?
If this is true, unless there are major advantages to the new firmware version, I'll likely stay with the version I have, version 13.4.0.
Tnx, SSP

I haven't tried playing videos. How EXACTLY do you play them? There's no DVD slot, so I'm assuming I need to load a file on a stick. What kind of file and what do I use to play it in the car? I'll go try. My car has been updated, and I'm an Android user.

About the question of Videos being disabled in firmware 14.4.2:
I have firmware 13.xx and videos play OK. To play a video, put an .mp4 file on a USB drive and use the "Gallery" button. Mine came up with tabs for pictures and movies, and just select the file. I found that Hi-Def movies may not work, standard DVD definition plays fine. I'm hoping for someone with firmware version 14 can try this.
Tnx, ssp

sspattison said:
About the question of Videos being disabled in firmware 14.4.2:
I have firmware 13.xx and videos play OK. To play a video, put an .mp4 file on a USB drive and use the "Gallery" button. Mine came up with tabs for pictures and movies, and just select the file. I found that Hi-Def movies may not work, standard DVD definition plays fine. I'm hoping for someone with firmware version 14 can try this.
Tnx, ssp

Videos encode at 720.

Back