jimbo62

Love my Bolt...HATE the seat!

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:46 pm

I love my new 2019 Kinetic Blue Bolt LT! It's a wonder of engineering. I am finally doing my part for the planet. However, I have come to hate the driver's seat; it's just too damn uncomfortable. It's too narrow and the wings on the back of the seat are poorly padded. I contacted Chevy and was very disappointed to hear them say "that's just how the car was built". Clearly, Chevy knew the seats were an issue, because I understand they changed them for the 2019 model year. Not happy to hear Chevy doesn't care about my concern, but I still love the car and have ordered a lumbar support that I hope will mitigate the issue. I'll just work with it. Anyone else have this concern here?

marspilgrim

Re: Love my Bolt...HATE the seat!

Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:30 pm

:| I'm okay with the front seats, mostly. I'm a smaller build but I do find them a bit firm and rather than being distributed across the seat I have the touch points on my shoulder blades and extra pressure in my right rear where my wallet is. Chevy definitely could have reduced back seat leg room an inch to improve the front. My wife isn't a fan either but in both our cases the drives are short commuting and errands within 10 miles. So I'm only in the car about 15 minutes at a time and road trips are what our Forester is for. I will probably spend $40 on Amazon for a seat cushion and lumbar though since longer trips are possible with the Bolt. The seats, for me, aren't bothersome enough given the huge benefits the rest of the car brings to the party.
2017 Bolt EV Premier

theothertom

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:32 pm

My 87 year old mother-in-law got in our 2019 LT yesterday. The first thing she said was...I love these seats! To each his or her own....

bobo

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:35 pm

To me the seats are OK, but I am a new owner and no real long trips.
But I do take one repeated 1 !/2 hour trip (70 miles) mountain driving and seating that long seems OK.

Return to “Chevrolet Bolt Reviews”