thorin78

Audible warning for Lane departure and blind spot warning

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello,
Is it possible to create audible warnings for the lane departure and blind spot systems?
Specifically for the blind spot warning feature, if there is a car on my side and I activate the turn signal, it would be really great to have that audible warning instead of just a flashing light in the mirror.
Even more, if there is a car in my blindspot and I'm veering closer to that lane, it would be really great to have that audible warning.

Thank you.

ChevyCustomerCare

Re: Audible warning for Lane departure and blind spot warning

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:48 pm

thorin78 wrote:Hello,
Is it possible to create audible warnings for the lane departure and blind spot systems?
Specifically for the blind spot warning feature, if there is a car on my side and I activate the turn signal, it would be really great to have that audible warning instead of just a flashing light in the mirror.
Even more, if there is a car in my blindspot and I'm veering closer to that lane, it would be really great to have that audible warning.

Thank you.

Hey thorin78,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately at this time, there are no audio sounds which accompany the Lane Keep Assist (LKA) and Side Blind Zone Assist (SBZA) features. Rest assured that I've documented your feedback within my systems, and have reached out to my internal teams to make them aware of your development suggestion.

More detailed inquiries about the operation of the LKA and SBZA systems in your Bolt can be found under the "Driver Assistance Systems" (pages 227-229) portion of your owner's manual. Or, you can always send us a private message!

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care
We can also be reached at (800) 222-1020 and socialmedia@gm.com.

Check us out on FB & TW!
https://facebook.com/ChevroletElectric
https://twitter.com/ChevyElectric

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy.

scbolt

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 pm

I would like to second this request. During my business travels I have rented cars some of which have audible alerts for blind spot warning and some don't ... and the ones with audible warning are MUCH more practical and effective.

Does the Volt Premier have audible alerts for LKA and SBZA?

LeftieBiker

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:47 am

If Bolt owners can get at the two wires that power those little side warning lights, they can add a rear backup light beeper-type alarm, under the dash.

scbolt

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:16 am

Is it possible that this is fixable by Chevy in a future software only update? Or does this require a hardware change?

ChevyCustomerCare

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:45 pm

scbolt wrote:Is it possible that this is fixable by Chevy in a future software only update? Or does this require a hardware change?

Hi scbolt,

At this time, we have no plans to add an audible warning feature to our LKA and SBZA Driver Assistance Systems. If this feature is made available, we can advise on if it'll be a hardware upgrade or a software update at that time.

Let me know if you have additional questions or concerns!

Kindly,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care
We can also be reached at (800) 222-1020 and socialmedia@gm.com.

Check us out on FB & TW!
https://facebook.com/ChevroletElectric
https://twitter.com/ChevyElectric

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy.

jackphillips1953

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Coming from position being an owner of 2 Chevrolet VOLTS and use to audible warnings, My Chevrolet Volt had all features abd all have visual and audible warnings.

I do not like the fact there ae no audible warnings, especially when pulling intro garage or backing up. The audible warning for lane drift, missing. There should be a warning for changing lanes with signal and if signal on and there is some one in blind spot a warning there. This is a big mistake that needs immediate correction. I purchased the Bolt so that I would have more safety feature than a Volt.

I am going to car shows in NJ, one today in Central Jersey and I be sure to advise people of this lack of feature until resolved.

This will NOT help sales of the an other wise great vehicle. But to spend hundreds of dollars more on the half the functionality of these features is disappointing.

Jack Phillips

Hamilton, NJ
Jack Phillips
Hamilton, NJ
2017 Bolt, 2013 Volt

CTowner

Mon May 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Absolutely agree with all of the above!

mbepic

Tue May 30, 2017 12:49 pm

No audible warnings on the Premier model (somebody asked); I'm surprised that no lane assist or blind spot warning on this car; I thought maybe I had not come across that setting yet. Of course, would never be a deal maker for me..........much bigger priorities, ie battery range.
:geek:

mikegrb

Tue May 30, 2017 2:32 pm

There is an audible warning but it's very late. I've had it come on a few times when going around a construction or postal vehicle on the side of the road and crossed the center line without signaling, in this case, it seemed it was triggered by the prolonged departure from the lane and constant pressure against the wheel corrections. I've also had it trigger after repeated small incursions on the lane line when avoiding a particularly pot hole riddled section of the edge of the road. It's a beeping tone synchronized with the flashing of the orange lane departure icon.

It doesn't seem that the audible alert is meant to be a primary notification, more of a look, really, you gotta get back in the lane last ditch effort. My wife's Highlander, on the other hand, beeps if you glance at the lane line.

Return to “Ask Chevrolet”