Incorrectly alerts me that the Charge door is open

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennared

After charging my car today, it started showing the alert for Charge Door is open after I put the car in Drive or Reverse. The door is closed fine and charging works fine as well. I have tried to re-open and close the charge door several times as well. Any tips for me to look at?

Thanks in advance.

siennared said:
After charging my car today, it started showing the alert for Charge Door is open after I put the car in Drive or Reverse. The door is closed fine and charging works fine as well. I have tried to re-open and close the charge door several times as well. Any tips for me to look at?

Thanks in advance.

Hi siennared,

I would first confirm that there are no objects or debris lodged within the door itself or the charge port. This message is still appearing, even after powering off and starting your Bolt back up again? If you're still seeing this, I would recommend that we get your vehicle into your dealership for a diagnostic check. They'll be able to check everything out on their end to see if this is being caused by an internal error, or a failure of your charge door.

When you have a moment, please send me a private message with your VIN, contact information, vehicle mileage and preferred dealership name. To review customer information use and GM's privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Kindly,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I could not see anything lodged in between the door. Based on your recommendation, i have scheduled an appointment from the mychevrolet app for this Saturday. I will keep you posted about what they find.

Thanks!

siennared said:
I could not see anything lodged in between the door. Based on your recommendation, i have scheduled an appointment from the mychevrolet app for this Saturday. I will keep you posted about what they find.

Thanks!

It's completely my pleasure, siennared. Please do let us know how that appointment goes. I'd be happy to reach out to your dealership if necessary and do what I can to help.

Have a wonderful rest of your day,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

ChevyCustomerCare said:
siennared said:
Please do let us know how that appointment goes. I'd be happy to reach out to your dealership if necessary and do what I can to help.

I took the appointment with a local dealership to correct it. Booked the appointment from the companion app on the phone. Got there on time to see that my name was not on the list Also learnt that the Volt/Bolt technicians don’t work during the weekends and that I have bring the car in 10 days for the next available appointment. So, no resolution yet.

siennared said:
I took the appointment with a local dealership to correct it. Booked the appointment from the companion app on the phone. Got there on time to see that my name was not on the list Also learnt that the Volt/Bolt technicians don’t work during the weekends and that I have bring the car in 10 days for the next available appointment. So, no resolution yet.

I'm incredibly sorry to hear this, siennared. If you'd like to send me your app account number, I can look into this appointment scheduling failure on my end, and bring this to the attention of the appropriate parties.

Please know that you can also send me a private message if you have additional questions/concerns before your appointment.

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

To review GM's privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Was this issue ever resolved? I have had my car since Feb and just saw this error today for the first time.

This happened to me today. It was raining today.

It gives the error even while it's charging. Odd, since you can't charge it without the door open.

Back