Can we trust the dealers??? What gives Chevy????

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zago

I have had the same bug issues with the infotainment system as pretty much everyone else, but recently twice I had the radio randomly restart wile I was driving, so I decided to make an appointment at my local GM dealer for them to look in to it, I showed up Saturday on my only day off for my 8:15 appointment and after waiting in line I get taking in at 8:45am (stating to get annoyed) after explaining the problem to the service writer he tells me the car might just need an software update and I should be done in no more more than 45 minutes so I decided to wait, 2 hours later (escalating from annoyed to mad) I finally get my car back, they tell me that all it was needed was in fact a software update and it is clearly stated in my invoice!, I get my keys and jump in my car.

What I didn't tell the service writer is that I took a picture of the infotainment screen before the service and now I'm taking one after the service, IT ALL LOOKS THE SAME! no changes that I can tell, (now I'm pissed)

I might say the random restart hasn't happen again but the usual Bluetooth connectivity, radio presets not saving, and other things are still there.

Where do I go from here Chevy???????

View attachment info1.JPG
View attachment info2.JPG

They need to do a USB file update and a radio software update at the same time.
The USB file update is the one that reports the current version on the infotainment display.

Thanks for the advise guys, but the whole point is that I don't want to spend half my Saturday again in a lousy waiting room at the dealership, when we are supposed to be getting OTA updates....

...and by the way Chevy, the problem happened again!!! I guess, I'll keep trying till I find a dealership that might actually do the update!

(I know what I am going to write in my comments wen I finally get that illusive customer survey letter)

Customer survey. Takes three weeks from experience. Then they notify dealer of any complains but not you. Be prepared.

You can't even trust the dealer on the small stuff...like removing residue from the charge port and body from the tape they use to secure the charging cover.

Had same problem. Took to other dealer to redo and filed a complaint with Chevy. The complaint Dept people seemed like idiots too.

ArthurL said:
Customer survey. Takes three weeks from experience. Then they notify dealer of any complains but not you. Be prepared.

You can't even trust the dealer on the small stuff...like removing residue from the charge port and body from the tape they use to secure the charging cover.

Yeah, we notice the crap on the charge port too. I can’t believe they didn’t notice it and fix it before the car was handed over. When we went to buy it, it had 40 miles on it. We knew we wouldn’t be able to charge it at home for a week because we had to schedule the EVSE install. So we asked them to charge it while we finalized the paperwork. They released it with a few more miles even though their process took hours to complete. It’s not like they are selling a lot of these per day. They surely could have charged the damned thing to 80 percent. Stealerships don’t care.

Back