Remote windows

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

Is there a way to control the windows remotely through MyLink? If not, can there be in the future?

Thanks,

Ken

I don't know about doing it through my link but usually you just hold down the unlock button on the key fob and the windows roll down. At least I hope that they did not leave out this feature. I think the ability is in most cars now.

If it is not on by default maybe somebody can check by using an OBD2 set the setting like I had to do an old Jetta.

I just tried with the key fob (unsuccessfully), but I was thinking it would be handy through the app in case I'm indoors at work, left my windows cracked open, and it began to rain.

In my Ford (so it may be different with a GM product), I've noticed that the car must be locked (ironically) for this to work. So for the Ford, you hit Lock once, and then press-and-hold unlock until the windows start rolling down.

My old VW Jetta did this. Still have not figured out how to do it in my Bolt. Might be a missing feature.

Back