Bolt Cargo Net

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradleyBolt

Picked up a cargo net from my Chevy Dealer today. Ordered and the box indicated part no. 42554928. Removed the small piece of plastic in the trim. Inserted and screwed in the right T attachment until it tightened, no problem. On the left side the hole in the sheet metal below the plastic trim was too large for the plastic T's screw threads. I interchanged the two T parts, same result. The hole in the sheet metal on the left side is too large. This can't be unique to my car. What is the solution?

flamaest said:
Can you please post a picture after the install is done?
I still have not heard back from them and don't have it fixed yet. Been too busy to care.

What I did was take some thick metal wire (akin to an s-hook or a piece of coathanger) and made a hook. At the interface end, I put heat shrink tubing on it to avoid it marring any surfaces or even me. It's barely noticeable.

Do I like this as a workaround? Not entirely. It does work though. Until I get them to fix it.

Here is mine to share:

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6034&p=17694&hilit=trunk#p17694

The $55 Chevy cargo net kit PN 42554928 consists of the net and two screw in hooks to which the top of the net attaches. There is no bottom attachment.

The install procedure is to CUT out the small dots in the plastic side trim (NOT the larger snap out buttons a few inches above). When the plastic dots are cut out, you see a hole in the sheet metal under the plastic. That sheet metal hole is what the screw in hooks are apparently designed to screw into. On my car the left side sheet metal hole was so large the screw barely caught. The right side did screw in easily.

I used quick set JB Weld epoxy globbed inside and outside the sheet metal hole on the left and held the hook in place for a few minutes while it set. That side has held up nicely. The net is quite taught when installed. After about a week the right side pulled out. I will probably have to epoxy that side, too.

I have filed a complaint with Chevy but expect no response based on the obvious lack of interest on the part of the representative. Attached are the install instructions that came with the kit.

Attachments

• Cargo Net.jpg
    Cargo Net.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 10,243
Yeah, same deal. The screw hooks are too small for the holes. And they're non-returnable.

In May Chevy rep created a report. Gave no indication I would ever hear anything back and so far that is accurate, unfortunately. And of course they are still selling the kit which won't work.

Back