Door Panel - Dash Alignment Fixable?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmatero

Hi Chevrolet. When folks get into my car, one of the few negative comments I hear is the inconsistent spacing between the door panels and the dashboard on the driver's side vs. passenger side. It's not subtle. I'm dropping my car off for the software update 6/8/2017. Do you have any feedback or guidance I can give my dealer's service department? They aren't aware of a fix. See attached pictures for details. Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 6,647
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 6,645
Spoke to the service manager and body and trim people at the dealership. They took a close look, and believe the issue is the dashboard not being centered. The amount of work it would take to tear everything apart and adjust may not be worth the effort, but they said they would do it if it bothered me that much. We walked the lot, and most of the newer builds have even spacing on both sides.

jmatero said:
Spoke to the service manager and body and trim people at the dealership. They took a close look, and believe the issue is the dashboard not being centered. The amount of work it would take to tear everything apart and adjust may not be worth the effort, but they said they would do it if it bothered me that much. We walked the lot, and most of the newer builds have even spacing on both sides.
Looking at the evidence, that looks oddly correct. Now I can't unsee it.

My Bolt has this issue too. I can live with it, if it's only cosmetic. My question is, does this wide gap in the trim on the driver's side translate to loose sealing of the rubber door gaskets (and more road noise, exhaust fumes from other vehicles, etc.)?

Back