Android Phone Locks Up

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi -
I searched for this issue on the site but didn't find anything like it. Here is my issue: I have a Samsung J3 that is paired with my Bolt. I don't normally connect the USB cable each time I get in the car, only if I have need of navigation. The issue is that my phone sometimes freezes/locks up when either connecting or disconnecting the USB cable (which is plugged in behind the shifter). It's an erratic problem, and my current theory is that if I plug it in while it's still connecting to Bluetooth, this results in the problem. That doesn't explain though why it once locked up when unplugging from the USB, so it's not the greatest theory around.
Recently, the phone locked up three times in the space of about five miles, which means I'm pulling the battery to restart the phone while I'm driving on the freeway (not recommended, kids). To further impress the judges I may add a simultaneous juggling routine as well...
I'm using the USB cable that came with the phone, so I think it's a decent one. I read in the manual that the phone should be plugged in after the car is turned on, so I'm doing that now, but I don't think the lockup incidents occurred when I plugged it in prior to starting the car. Can't guarantee that though.
That's it then. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark

Back