mychevrolet.com displays nonsense data

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidjmel

I have a Chevrolet Bolt since 4/26 and a Cadillac ELR since 12/2015. Both the mychevrolet and mycadillac web sites show nonsense data for mileage and efficiency. Since I have the Cadillac for 1.5 years, I know this is due to a site software update that took place in March of 2017, as the data was accurate until then. It has NEVER been accurate for the Bolt. I am pretty sure this is true for the Volt as well, since these web sites use the same software and data sources. Calls to Onstar have been escalated, and I have received repeated call-backs telling me it has been corrected (It has NOT, screen shots are from today). Hopefully others experiencing this will weigh in and get them to put an engineer on it instead of customer service people who don't even understand the problem.

Note that the total mileage on the ELR is now ~12,800, while the total mileage on the Bolt is ~3,300. Neither site shows lifetime miles. My favorite, though, is 6,671 kwh/100 miles for the Bolt for the last 30 days. The capacity of the Bolt is what, about 60? That would put the range of the vehicle at <0.2 miles.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 3.48.50 PM.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 4,796
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 3.49.05 PM.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 4,796
I can attest that this is true. There's some bad data on that database. I've had to ignore that the entire time I've owned the Bolt.

My data is also totally bogus at mychevrolet. Annoying, but since it is basically useless anyway, I don't care much.

Just checked data on my Bolt and it's nonsense too. Screen shot is attached.

Attachments

• Mileage Data.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 4,756
Back