Service Side Detection System

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camarobh

Was parked next to a curb and when I "started" my Bolt EV it said "Service Side Detection System". Called OnStar, they ran a diagnostic and didn't find anything wrong. They had NO IDEA what the error message meant. Searched the owners manual and couldn't find it. "Started" and stopped the car 3 or 4 times since with no recurrence of the error.

Any idea what it is?

Probably the side cameras, one under each outside mirror, that provide info for blind spot detection, 360 degree "birds eye view" backup camera and the lane keep assist function. If it's a one-time thing I wouldn't worry about it. If reoccurring it probably should be looked at.

That's the message mentioned in the manual for the blind spot/rear cross traffic alert radar. Back quarter panel each side or behind the bumper on the sides, I forget which. Manual mentions rain, dirt, etc on the car can cause issues and to try making sure the area is clean if the message is displayed.

Back