Random "Setup Keypass" nag screen on the head unit needs a mercy killing

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigwich

Hey GM - I have a suggestion... Given how squirrely Keypass is, can we PLEASE have a "Don't show this message again" checkbox on the Keypass Setup Smart Phone whatever approach detection whatever blah blah nag screen that pops up that we can't dismiss aside from waiting for 30 seconds when we start the car and Keypass has decided to take a crap?

It would be swell if we could do that with an Over The Air update like Tesla would do. I have the 14.1 software version, so this should be possible, right? Please? Maybe when the 2018 comes out we could ALL get the new head unit software? That'd be swell, thanks a bunch!

xoxo love you guys

Hey GM. I agree with this guy.

All your nag screens, especially the *don't look at this screen while driving* notification that pops up while driving, need that option.

I currently am leasing a BMW i3. It also has some issues with the idrive system that many people wish would get a mercy killing, or just the option to turn it on/off. If you Google "recoding BMW idrive" you can get instructions on how to access the software with a laptop. You can then turn certain things on/off being careful not to turn your car into a paperweight that has to ride to the dealership on the back of a tow truck. Is this an option for the Chevy Bolt? I am planning on getting one soon and would like to set it up for my own personal preferences.

No one has posted anything like that so far. The interface is programmed by LG but doesn't appear to be the Palm/WebOS interface they bought for their TVs and watches.

I have heard it is a Linux OS but more details than that are not yet known I believe.

Back