OnStar and charging interruptions

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posatronic

Please forward to the software department.
Every evening I plug in the Bolt and between 30 min and 3 hrs I get a notification that my Chevy Bolt is not charging because of an interruption. I have gone outside many times and not heard anything and the car is charging. Sometimes the car is winding up making noise. Something with the charging I suspect. I don't have a problem with the charging part but I do with the application sending me a text saying it's not charging when 2 secs later it is. There needs to be a 60 sec delay or more to sent me a text otherwise that option is useless. Thanks.

I had the very same reoccurring problem till i got this fan.
https://goo.gl/images/9Jn6M6

Its small enough to fit in back of the car in my garage and I blow air under the car and leave the "hood" open while charging. Problem never has come up after I did that.

The problem was most evident after coming home from a long drive and I needed the car for another long drive the next day so immediately connected the charger. The battery never got to adequately cool down with ambient air and it wasn't so hot that the battery cooling system was activated.

The fan is really great and you can feel the air moving in the front when you open the "hood". Thats what professional carpet people use to dry wet/damp carpet.

Hope it helps you!

I did get that on hot weather nights when charging. Presumably, it interrupted charging due to needing to cool off the battery. The one time I was able to check on it immediately, the car was running fans.

Back