AM Radio Reception

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi:

I have had my Bolt since mid July. I like it. My only complaint is the AM radio reception. It is about 50% weaker than the AM radio reception in my other cars. The FM is fine. Is this due to the antenna or is it due to electrical interference? If it is in the design of the antenna is there anything that can be done to boost reception?

Thank you for any help you may offer. I haven't taken it to my local Chevy dealer yet because I didn't want to waste time if there is nothing that can be done.

Regards,
Nat1

AM reception on my Bolt and on every GM vehicle that I have ever owned is very poor compared other makes in particular Honda. I don't know why they cannot seem to figure out how to put a decent antenna on a car! I was unable to listen to Giant's games on a large part of my commute after getting the Bolt. Hmmm, might have been a good thing this year...

Funny you should say that! I was having the same problem listening to KNBR my area.

I have had my Bolt for `1 week, the AM radio reception is lousy, took it to the Chevrolet Dealership to see if they will do something about it. The noise will increase and decrease with the position of the throttle, dealership ordered a new antenna and will install it next week. I think I am getting the ole schuck and jive from the service manager, as my chevy Volt didn't make any noise at all, had perfect reception. The AM station is aproxx 17 miles away and is a really strong station,so I wouldn't think this would be much of a problem .

Back