Transport Canada Recall 18158

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipassgas

Transport Canada and GM (N182148180) have issued a safety recall for the Bolt. In Canada not only can hell freeze over, but so can the windshield wipers on my Bolt. This apparently occurs because of a software error that is attempting to prevent the wipers from colliding in cold snowy weather. The fix is not yet available. Does anyone know approximately when the fix should be ready? I am trying to minimize trips to the dealer for recall's, hoping to get three in one fell swoop. Of course GM is working to get the issue resolved promptly as safety is paramount, and customer satisfaction is also very important, and so on. But really, is there an approximate date? Thanks

It's a very extreme cold weather issue, I really don't see the panic. Wait until the fall if your in the north or east I guess, if you're in the west forget about it IMO.

But until it's resolved they can't sell effected inventory so I'm sure they'll sort it out quick enough, anything recently or currently being built isn't effected so it would likely be a simple fix.

Back