WARNING SCREEN TAKING YOUR EYES OFF THE ROAD!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twocv

I keep getting this message " Taking your eyes off the road too long or too often while using this system could cause a crash, resulting in injury or death to you or others. Focus your attention on driving."
So the car is forcing me to do something it is telling me not to do! How can I disable this stupidity?

Stop using the screen while driving - including looking at it. I mean, just do NOT look at it - is that really that difficult for you?

SparkE said:
Stop using the screen while driving - including looking at it. I mean, just do NOT look at it - is that really that difficult for you?
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of being able to use your phone's GPS app?

SeanNelson said:
SparkE said:
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of being able to use your phone's GPS app?

No, it talks to you. "In 200 feet, turn left". (Well, MINE does at least - you should switch to a different app if yours doesn't.)

I re-iterate that I said "while driving" - you should be looking at the road and concentrating on driving.

SparkE said:
SeanNelson said:
SparkE said:

No, it talks to you. "In 200 feet, turn left". (Well, MINE does at least - you should switch to a different app if yours doesn't.)
I prefer glancing at the screen to see the map. The key is to do a visual scan before your glance to make sure there are no hazards that might pop up in the next second or two.

While I can see both points of view, I guess I'm just too much "old school"; I make sure I know where I am going and how to get there before leaving. (That doesn't stop me from running GoogleMaps with directions while I drive. Although that is more to keep my wife quiet - I get to say "Sssssshhh - I'm listening for directions" when she tries to tell me how to get there. ;) )

Back