LT or Premier Trim Level - what would you choose?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

2017-chevrolet-bolt-trim-comparisons-LT-Premier-752x1024.jpg

Obviously it will depend on the price difference between the different models, but which would you choose?

Too many questions - like what is the Driver Confidence 2 with Lane Keep Assist? Does that steer the car or just alert you when you start to cross the line (which I think some Fords do)?

And what about DCFC is it additional on both trim levels?

Lane Keep Assist on the Volt actually nudges the car back to the middle if you drift too much.

On the Spark EV, DC Fast Charge was a $750 option - I'd expect the same on all Bolt trim levels.
On that note, the Spark EV also comes with a $500 offer towards a L2 Bosch EVSE

Just had a thought, maybe the MSRP $37,500 will be for the premier trim level and the LT trim will be even cheaper?! :)

Depending on price:
First choice - Premier. Not at all interested in the Infotainment package, but if Driver Confidence II is the same $495 as on the Volt, I'd likely be a player.

If the Premiere is much more than a $2K bump, I'd look seriously at the LT with the Comfort and Convenience package.

I consider Quick Charging to be mandatory, not an option.

I currently have the Leaf SL with the surround view and heated seats and steering wheel. I love these features, especially the cameras. To me the surrounding view and blind spot alert are required.. Thus a see a Premier in my future.

The 'blind spot alert' is only useful for drivers who have no idea how to properly set their side mirrors. (Granted, that is about 95% of drivers on U.S. roads ...)

I live in a cold climate, and have grown to really love the heated seats and steering wheel in my Leaf. For that reason alone, I'd want Premier. The rest is just gravy.

I really, really want roof rails, so probably premium.

All the other premium features would be nice as well.

The features exclusive to the Premier trim line seem to be:

-ultra bright wheels (?)
-outside rearview mirrors (?)
-roof rails
-leather seating
-surround vision
-rear camera mirror
-light-senitive inside rearview mirror (not the as the same auto-dimming rearview offered in LT comfort package?)
-ambient lighting on panel (?)
-false cargo floor (?)

(?) what is it

(Please pardon the cross-post from another thread. This seemed to belong here.)

I consider leather seating important, so this points me towards Premier. However, roof rails do nothing for me and add wind resistance. Grrrr

roundpeg said:
-light-senitive inside rearview mirror (not the as the same auto-dimming rearview offered in LT comfort package?)
-ambient lighting on panel (?)
-false cargo floor (?)
I assume that the light-sensitive mirror refers to the brightness of the LCD screen integrated into the rear view mirror. That LCD screen will need to shine much less brightly at night than during a bright sunny day to avoid intolerable glare in the driver's peripheral vision, therefore it needs to be "light sensitive".

The ambient lighting is probably the blue glow you see shining from under the seam that runs from one side of the dash to the other in this photo.

The false cargo floor is a panel that fits into the cargo area that brings the floor up to bumper level and creates a flat loading surface with the rear seats when you fold them down. If you remove that panel then there's another several inches of space below that level which becomes available for larger items.

SeanNelson said:
I assume that the light-sensitive mirror refers to the brightness of the LCD screen integrated into the rear view mirror. That LCD screen will need to shine much less brightly at night than during a bright sunny day to avoid intolerable glare in the driver's peripheral vision, therefore it needs to be "light sensitive".

The ambient lighting is probably the blue glow you see shining from under the seam that runs from one side of the dash to the other in this photo.

The false cargo floor is a panel that fits into the cargo area that brings the floor up to bumper level and creates a flat loading surface with the rear seats when you fold them down. If you remove that panel then there's another several inches of space below that level which becomes available for larger items.

Sounds right all the way around. Thanks!

Not a real fan of the ambient lighting thing (is it a car or a nightclub?) but it does seem to be an increasingly popular feature.

What do you think "outside rearview mirrors" describes? I am guessing they are a non-electronic redundancy feature to back up the LCD rearview mirror.

roundpeg said:
What do you think "outside rearview mirrors" describes? I am guessing they are a non-electronic redundancy feature to back up the LCD rearview mirror.
Well all cars have outside rearview mirrors. The only thing I know of that's different about them on the Premiere version is that they include turn signals so cars that are passing you can tell if you're trying to turn into their lane. Apparently that's not true of the lower trim level.

SeanNelson said:
Well all cars have outside rearview mirrors. The only thing I know of that's different about them on the Premiere version is that they include turn signals so cars that are passing you can tell if you're trying to turn into their lane. Apparently that's not true of the lower trim level.

Always called them sideview mirrors myself but leave it to the industry to change what something is called to make it sound like a new feature. Probably you're right though, the Premier trim includes turn signals integrated into the whatchamacallits.

SparkE said:
The 'blind spot alert' is only useful for drivers who have no idea how to properly set their side mirrors. (Granted, that is about 95% of drivers on U.S. roads ...)

I have no spacial sense..i would choose premier as I need all the help I can get lol

What is it with GM and their insistence on not allowing customer to choose ALL safety options (forward collision assist, etc) unless they also accept leather seats? What if I don't like leather? Leather and safety are not equivalents. :x

Back