Purchase / Lease details

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a Premier with Info pkg, conf pkg 2, DCFC, floor mats, cargo mat, tablet holders, Orange Burst exterior, light grey on dark grey interior. :D

c1987 said:
Ordered a Premier with Info pkg, conf pkg 2, DCFC, floor mats, cargo mat, tablet holders, Orange Burst exterior, light grey on dark grey interior. :D

Ditto exactly, except the dealer installed stuff. MSRP was quoted "no more, no less". Fine by me.

For leasing what are you guys expecting on an LT? Was reading an old article and it was guessing between $199 and $279 for an LT - speculating it would be less than a Volt. I'm thinking that number is probably low and it will end up $349 - at least in the first few months. I'm nervous to order without knowing what a lease will look like and dealers couldn't tell me a thing.

mcdubjr said:
For leasing what are you guys expecting on an LT? Was reading an old article and it was guessing between $199 and $279 for an LT - speculating it would be less than a Volt. I'm thinking that number is probably low and it will end up $349 - at least in the first few months. I'm nervous to order without knowing what a lease will look like and dealers couldn't tell me a thing.

If a dealer can't quote you a price, you should be able to order and later be able to back out. OR, you can just wait until they CAN quote you a price for a lease.

Has anyone leased yet?

Even if you don't want to share your exact deal, it would be helpful to know these general terms:
What state, mileage allotment, lease length, money factor, residual %, and whether the full $7500 was credited as a cap cost reduction.

Based on conversation with 3 local dealers, looks like most of them are expecting Bolt lease terms from GM to be very aggressive. They also expect to lease over 75%. They don't expect lease numbers to be announced until production starts, so as not to eat into Volt sales.
Mfgs generally are aggressive with either inflated residuals (Fiat 500e, BMW i3), and/or by offering big Lease Cash incentives The closest thing we have for comparison is the Spark, which had an incredibly low residual (40%) when introduced, but was offset by very high mfg cash.
With retail price of 37,495 for the LT and 10K cash incentives (incl 7.5k federal tax pass thru) with 1,000 down, in CA this works out to $303/month with a 50% residual, and $412/month with 40% residual. For the Premier these numbers are $ 374/496.
Let's hope that GM will do better than this!

bren said:
Based on conversation with 3 local dealers, looks like most of them are expecting Bolt lease terms from GM to be very aggressive.

Thanks for the report. Sounds hopeful! :D

Dealers in central coast California say they will get deliveries the second week of January. I was hoping for one before year end. Bummer.

JupiterMoon said:
Wait a few months and you'll save a bundle of money. What's the rush?

For me, my current car needs $3k worth of work, and being an 8 year old car, I do not feel like dropping that into much into it at this time. I would rather trade it in for some value, and get a car which offers me HOV lane access.

zappcatt said:
JupiterMoon said:

For me, my current car needs $3k worth of work, and being an 8 year old car, I do not feel like dropping that into much into it at this time. I would rather trade it in for some value, and get a car which offers me HOV lane access.

What state do you live in ? If in CA, watch out about the HOV lane access....they may not have any more stickers available. Just double check before you drop a coin on a car that you overpay for.

JupiterMoon said:
zappcatt said:
JupiterMoon said:

What state do you live in ? If in CA, watch out about the HOV lane access....they may not have any more stickers available. Just double check before you drop a coin on a car that you overpay for.

CA. They have removed all limitation on the Green Stickers(as of September) and both the Green and White(full EV) Stickers are currently set to expire January 2019.

They could extend both of them again, end both programs, or there is a chance that the Whites could be extended again and the Green one not renewed, and in that case, I would have a year of no HOV lane access, which would be very annoying after being spoiled for 2 years.

The original Yellow Stickers(Prius) were retired, so there is precedent to it.

zappcatt said:
JupiterMoon said:
zappcatt said:

CA. They have removed all limitation on the Green Stickers(as of September) and both the Green and White(full EV) Stickers are currently set to expire January 2019.

They could extend both of them again, end both programs, or there is a chance that the Whites could be extended again and the Green one not renewed, and in that case, I would have a year of no HOV lane access, which would be very annoying after being spoiled for 2 years.

Ok then I guess you should be OK until 2019.

Buyer beware! I had my name on the list at the Chevrolet Van Nuys dealership to buy a Chevy Bolt as soon as they came in, so they called today to tell me I should hurry in immediately to pre-buy one even though the cars are still en route to the dealership. I was excited about getting a Bolt so I was open to doing that, but as they processed the sale they tried to scam me into paying WAY more than the sticker price. They added on a $4000 surcharge for nothing without saying a word about it until we noticed how high the price had ended up. Plus they tried to sneak in a bunch of extra things (like a 'different' alarm system for $995) which added up to $8000 more than sticker price. What kind of shady business tactics do these people think they can get away with? Not cool. It's disappointing, after all the hype for this car, that Chevrolet is using the Bolt to try to rip off enthusiastic potential customers.

I had my name on the list at the Chevrolet Van Nuys dealership to buy a Chevy Bolt as soon as they came in, so they called today to tell me I should hurry in immediately to pre-buy one even though the cars are still en route to the dealership. I was excited about getting a Bolt so I was open to doing that, but as they processed the sale they tried to scam me into paying WAY more than the sticker price. They added on a $4000 surcharge for nothing without saying a word about it until we noticed how high the price had ended up. Plus they tried to sneak in a bunch of extra things (like a 'different' alarm system for $995) which added up to $8000 more than sticker price. What kind of shady business tactics do these people think they can get away with? Not cool. It's disappointing, after all the hype for this car, that Chevrolet is using the Bolt to try to rip off enthusiastic potential customers.

That is truly unfortunate. Dealers are independent and there's not a lot that Chevrolet can do about it. I'd recommend contacting Rydell in Northridge. I got my first Spark EV from them (not my second - they'd sold out of them by then). No guarantees, but their business practices seemed to be good and I'd be surprised if they're trying to get more than sticker. They're showing 28 in transit.

BoltyMcBoltFace said:
I had my name on the list at the Chevrolet Van Nuys dealership to buy a Chevy Bolt as soon as they came in, so they called today to tell me I should hurry in immediately to pre-buy one even though the cars are still en route to the dealership. I was excited about getting a Bolt so I was open to doing that, but as they processed the sale they tried to scam me into paying WAY more than the sticker price. They added on a $4000 surcharge for nothing without saying a word about it until we noticed how high the price had ended up. Plus they tried to sneak in a bunch of extra things (like a 'different' alarm system for $995) which added up to $8000 more than sticker price. What kind of shady business tactics do these people think they can get away with? Not cool. It's disappointing, after all the hype for this car, that Chevrolet is using the Bolt to try to rip off enthusiastic potential customers.

That is truly unfortunate. Dealers are independent and there's not a lot that Chevrolet can do about it. I'd recommend contacting Rydell in Northridge. I got my first Spark EV from them (not my second - they'd sold out of them by then). No guarantees, but their business practices seemed to be good and I'd be surprised if they're trying to get more than sticker. They're showing 28 in transit.
+1 for Tesla.

In my limited experience dealing with a Tesla "ownership advisor" during a test drive, we felt no pressure or lot lizard tactics to walk out of the store with a Model S (they couldn't sell it anyway as they all need to be ordered through the website).

With that said, one of my clients has ordered a 2017 Model X and was promised an advanced autopilot feature (more cameras, sensors, and such) for $5000 extra but then got billed $8,000 for it. He wan't too happy about that either.

Legacy dealerships are renowned for taking advantage of short supply & high demand. Happens all the time. They know that people with hot money in their pockets are willing to pay above MSRP. Have to go with Jupiter on this one. Wait a few months for the sellers market to inevitably turn to a buyers market. Right now, gotta-have-it buyers have no leverage. Dealers have no reason to discount them.

zappcatt said:
JupiterMoon said:
zappcatt said:

I had a 2005 Prius with yellow stickers. Those were extended once or twice before they were finally allowed to expire in (I think) 2011. Now both the green (plugin hybrid) and white (zero emission) stickers are set to expire in January 2019. There is precedent for extension; I think it's more likely that will happen for the white stickers than the green. But they are both available now.

cmg1 said:
I had a 2005 Prius with yellow stickers. Those were extended once or twice before they were finally allowed to expire in (I think) 2011. Now both the green (plugin hybrid) and white (zero emission) stickers are set to expire in January 2019. There is precedent for extension; I think it's more likely that will happen for the white stickers than the green. But they are both available now.

I think they should let the current green stickers expire. Too many of them were wasted on Plug in Prius and Ford Energi models which have such limited electric performance. I'd say keep the white ones (EV, Hydrogen, CNG) and issue new ones (blue or whatever) for legitimate EREV cars such as Volt and BMW I3 Rex.

Back