NorCal (Bay Area) Dealers

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2112

Hi,

First post here. The lease on my LEAF expires in Feb. I am interested in the Bolt, and would like to see if I can talk to somebody about leasing terms on a Bolt. Does anybody have recommendations for a good Chevy dealer in the Bay Area (Peninsula and South Bay) as I am in San Jose.

Thanks,
Dan

dan2112 said:
Hi,

First post here. The lease on my LEAF expires in Feb. I am interested in the Bolt, and would like to see if I can talk to somebody about leasing terms on a Bolt. Does anybody have recommendations for a good Chevy dealer in the Bay Area (Peninsula and South Bay) as I am in San Jose.

Thanks,
Dan
Since the car isn't out, and isn't expected for another 6 to 8 weeks, they haven't released any leasing details. I know that Capitol and Momentum both had decent allocations (70 to 110). Boardwalk had something like 30, and Stewart Chevrolet up in Colma had 25 (I'm number 17 on that list). Rumor is that if you haven't already put down a deposit or ordered a car, you may be waiting until March or later to get a car. Dunno if that timing screws with the expiration of your Leaf lease.

I'm going to deal with Putnam but I'm waiting for the cars to arrive and not reserving one yet

Tim

devbolt said:
dan2112 said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Dan
Since the car isn't out, and isn't expected for another 6 to 8 weeks, they haven't released any leasing details. I know that Capitol and Momentum both had decent allocations (70 to 110). Boardwalk had something like 30, and Stewart Chevrolet up in Colma had 25 (I'm number 17 on that list). Rumor is that if you haven't already put down a deposit or ordered a car, you may be waiting until March or later to get a car. Dunno if that timing screws with the expiration of your Leaf lease.
I think Stewart Chevy requested and got an additional round of allocation. Also, you might try Fremont Chevrolet.

Thanks guys. I am reluctant to call just yet as I may just get the "plunk your money down" then we'll talk. I may extend the lease on my LEAF a few months to see how things pan out.

dan2112 said:
Thanks guys. I am reluctant to call just yet as I may just get the "plunk your money down" then we'll talk. I may extend the lease on my LEAF a few months to see how things pan out.
Well, the $500 or $1000 deposit is fully refundable. So if you can afford to tie up that kind of money for a couple of months, it might be worth putting down a speculative deposit to reserve a Bolt. If the car is a hot-seller, it's a way of guaranteeing that you don't get gouged by dealer markup. Presumably if the car is not selling like hot-cakes, you can walk away from that dealer and negotiate a better price at another dealer.

300 people on the waiting list for the Bolt at Stevens Creek Chevrolet (near San Jose, CA)

I stopped by Stevens Creek Chevrolet yesterday. The sales person told me they should get the car by Christmas.

They already have a huge waiting list. I put my name down on what I think is the 15th page of names. Each page had about 20 to 25 names, so about 300 people on the waiting list (list started early 2016).

IMO, the Bolt with a range of 238 miles is a fantastic deal at around $300 per month leased. Apparently many here feel the same.

I test drove the Bolt at Stevens Creek Chevrolet today!

The sales person told me they received this demo car about a week ago. Customer's cars will arrive in January 2017.

My family have leased 5 electric cars (Leaf, e-Golf, MB ED) and I am really excited to see the Bolt at this moment in time with a range of 238 miles at $37.5k (around $300 per month leased). With the Model 3 coming soon, this feels like the beginning of the EV revolution, and the beginning of the end of oil (but, with 2 billion vehicles on the planet today, the transition away from oil will take decades to play out).

I haven't done the math, but it feels to me the TCO of the Bolt will be about the same as the Toyota Camry (either leased or owned). But the Bolt will pollute the atmosphere much less (especially as the grid gets cleaner and cleaner going forward).

When thinking about TCO, keep in mind of this phenomenon: Because of its 250-mile range, many Tesla owners only charge their cars for free M-F during the day at work, and they do not charge their cars at home at night! I suspect Bolt owners will do the same!

I keep hoping to see deliveries to the northern bay area, but not yet..

Concord, Winters, Napa, Vallejo, Fairfield, Dublin don't seem to have any yet.

Back