Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundpeg

Anybody heard anything new about their orders?

Mine still shows manufacture during the last week of November. The dealer is unsure about delivery before the end of the year.

I learned this morning that my TPW has been moved up to this week (versus next week originally). My car hasn't been built yet but it should happen in the next several days.

I'm not at all sure that means I will get my car delivered before people with TPWs later in the month. I remember from 2010 I had an early built Volt but GM held the first 200-300 cars at the factory for quality control before shipping them all at once in the first week or two of December.

The move-up is interesting. Hard to know what that means. I think we can expect some delivery delays due to extra QC. Not unexpected for a new car, but for those of us who are trying to time delivery this tax year, it presents a challenge.

They are likely ramping up production numbers, and we may see more TPWs shift forward. It likely has to do as much (or even primarily) with parts availability as production capability.
They are built on the same production line as the Sonic, with a Bolt being every 4th or 5th car on the line. They sell lots of Sonics, so need to balance based on demand/profit I guess.

Interesting look at the process with the batteries and drive trains being installed:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/heres-how-chevrolet-builds-the-bolt-ev-on-same-line-as-sonic/

I have my TPW (11/28/16) and an order number, but I can't find any place to look this up for updates. Some of you make statements like "mine still shows manufacture during the last week of November." Where are you getting your information? I haven't been able to find a Chevrolet order tracking page. Thanks!

My Bolt TPW is also 11/28/16, and I went in yesterday to confirm through the chat function on the gm site. The person was helpful, and just confirmed the same TPW, and when I asked if there was a web site where I could confirm my order status, they said no, but that I could do that anytime via chat, or I could check through the dealer.
The dealer I used to order said the average time from the TPW date and delivery to him(Southern California) is usually 2-3 weeks, but that since GM "shuts down" the last two weeks of the year, he thinks they will try to get as many cars delivered the first two weeks of Dec. as possible. Not sure if "shuts down" refers to deliveries of cars, production of cars, or both, but I'm hoping delivery happens before this cut off.

karza said:
My Bolt TPW is also 11/28/16, and I went in yesterday to confirm through the chat function on the gm site. The person was helpful, and just confirmed the same TPW, and when I asked if there was a web site where I could confirm my order status, they said no, but that I could do that anytime via chat, or I could check through the dealer.
The dealer I used to order said the average time from the TPW date and delivery to him(Southern California) is usually 2-3 weeks, but that since GM "shuts down" the last two weeks of the year, he thinks they will try to get as many cars delivered the first two weeks of Dec. as possible. Not sure if "shuts down" refers to deliveries of cars, production of cars, or both, but I'm hoping delivery happens before this cut off.

Thanks for your response. My problem is that I've been finding my dealer (also in Southern California) surprisingly reluctant to share information. Now that I finally have an order number (after asking several times) I was hoping there would be an easier way to keep track.

My dealership doesn't volunteer much either. I can pester them for details but I don't like to do that too often.

GM used to have an online order tracking system, but this appears to have gone away. I wonder if this wasn't part of the "old GM" that did not carry forward to the new company after the bankruptcy.

I went to my local dealer (Riverside Calif) today and put a deposit on my Bolt today. He gave me a order # and a TPW date of 12/19/16.
Anyone know if Chevy factory shuts down for Christmas and what are the dates? Wonder how long I have to wait till I get mine.

cmg1 said:
My problem is that I've been finding my dealer (also in Southern California) surprisingly reluctant to share information. Now that I finally have an order number (after asking several times) I was hoping there would be an easier way to keep track.
Go to the Chevy site and open a chat window. One of the options is "Checking the status of my vehicle order". You can give them your order number and get the current status/event code.You can also ask to get weekly emails with updates.

JeffN said:
I learned this morning that my TPW has been moved up to this week (versus next week originally). My car hasn't been built yet but it should happen in the next several days.

I'm not at all sure that means I will get my car delivered before people with TPWs later in the month. I remember from 2010 I had an early built Volt but GM held the first 200-300 cars at the factory for quality control before shipping them all at once in the first week or two of December.
Update: my TPW was moved back again to the original Nov. 14 date.

Given that these dates refer to the build week, not the actual day, it seems the changes in your TPW could represent as little as one day difference in the actual date the car is scheduled to roll off the assembly line.

I now have an order number.

JeffN said:
JeffN said:

Update: my TPW was moved back again to the original Nov. 14 date.

My dealer told me that mine was one of 4 cars out of about 20-25 early allocation orders that were scheduled for that early TPW. I know at least one order placed into the GM ordering computer a couple of days before mine has a Nov. 28 TPW. I didn't think to ask the dealer if all 4 of his early TPW cars had common equipment options or colors to explain the production scheduling.

I check every Friday and my TPW has not changed since I started checking it 4 weeks ago - the week of 11/28.

I placed my order 10/18, on 10/28 I was given a build date of 12/5 and a status of 3000. I check every week but nothing has changed. I guess the best thing we can all do is to keep each other informed as our orders progress. If the 2-3 week delivery to the dealership is accurate many people have a good shot at getting their Bolts before the end of the year,which is exciting news.

DucRider said:
Go to the Chevy site and open a chat window. One of the options is "Checking the status of my vehicle order". You can give them your order number and get the current status/event code.You can also ask to get weekly emails with updates.

That's what I did. All they could tell me was to confirm the TPW I had been given and that there would probably be no further information available until the week following the TPW.

The week following? Doesn't that mean the car will be ready for shipment before the status changes from 3000 (order accepted) to 4000 (available to ship)? Lots of steps in between.

I ordered on October 11th and was given a tentative TPW of 11/28 when I asked a few weeks ago (10/24). That TPW hasn't changed in the past 3 weeks since I started asking Chevy for updates. They are, however, now e-mailing me on mondays to update my status. We'll see what next monday's e-mail holds...

Back