Article: 10 things you'll want to know about Chevy's new Bolt EV

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arroyo

No. 1 is about buying the Bolt (killer deals available). No. 2 is about leasing (killer deals not available):
http://www.lacar.com/?p=28595

5-susies-bolt1.jpg

Don't think they're right about "no killer" lease deals available on a Bolt.

Just posted a message in another thread about a teaser ad that I saw for a Bolt LT at Tracy Chevy for $239/mo for 36 months w/$1999 down and another lease offer on a Bolt LT made by Winter Chevy in Pittsburg CA for $299/mo for 360 moths w$2500 down. Both limited to 10k miles/year.

Think the Tracy offer was for a base model Bolt but the price of Bolt in Pittsburg was just under $39k, so probably included a few options most likely DC fast charging and the comfort and/or convenience packages.

sgt1372 said:
Don't think they're right about "no killer" lease deals available on a Bolt.

Just posted a message in another thread about a teaser ad that I saw for a Bolt LT at Tracy Chevy for $239/mo for 36 months w/$1999 down and another lease offer on a Bolt LT made by Winter Chevy in Pittsburg CA for $299/mo for 360 moths w$2500 down. Both limited to 10k miles/year.

Not bad, but a killer deal to me is like what some Fiat dealers are offering in California: $69/mo for 36 months w/$1999 down at 12K mi/yr. I can't see that ever happening on the Bolt, but somewhere in between the two should be do-able. We might have to wait until the Tesla Model 3 comes out, but hopefully not.

Arroyo said:
. . . a killer deal to me is like what some Fiat dealers are offering in California: $69/mo for 36 months w/$1999 down at 12K mi/yr. I can't see that ever happening on the Bolt, but somewhere in between the two should be do-able. We might have to wait until the Tesla Model 3 comes out, but hopefully not.

And why do you suppose they are offering such deals on Fiats? Just can't sell them otherwise . . . I suspect.

Same thing applies to left over Leafs that have only a 80 mile range pending the release of the "new" Leap that's supposed to have 200+ to compete w/the Bolt and Tesla, etc. at least in terms of range. We'll see . . .

Same thing applies to left over LEAFs that have only a 80 mile range pending the release of the "new" Leap that's supposed to have 200+ to compete w/the Bolt and Tesla, etc. at least in terms of range.

Almost all of the leftover Leafs are now 30kwh versions that have an EPA range of 107 miles, and actually meet it in real life. Except for Winter cold, when the SV/SL Leafs still seem able to manage 90 miles, because they have a heatpump as standard equipment. All of the SV and SL models have standard QC ports, and many of the S models also have those as a factory installed option. As a comfortable commuter for trips under 90 miles, the Leaf is a better, more luxurious buy than the Bolt.

LeftieBiker said:
Same thing applies to left over LEAFs that have only a 80 mile range pending the release of the "new" Leap that's supposed to have 200+ to compete w/the Bolt and Tesla, etc. at least in terms of range.

Almost all of the leftover Leafs are now 30kwh versions that have an EPA range of 107 miles, and actually meet it in real life. Except for Winter cold, when the SV/SL Leafs still seem able to manage 90 miles, because they have a heatpump as standard equipment. All of the SV and SL models have standard QC ports, and many of the S models also have those as a factory installed option. As a comfortable commuter for trips under 90 miles, the Leaf is a better, more luxurious buy than the Bolt.

I never considered the Leaf because it did/does not have sufficient range (yet) but, if you think the current Leaf is so much better than a Bolt, this would be a great time to pick up one (or another, if you have one already). ;)

I never considered the LEAF because it did/does not have sufficient range (yet) but, if you think the current LEAF is so much better than a Bolt, this would be a great time to pick up one (or another, if you have one already). ;)

If they had just improved the awful high beams, and reinstated the charge to 80% option, I would do just that. I might still do it if I can get a loaded 2017 SV for $199 a month, with a $9k residual so I can then buy it. Or I may get a Leaf 2 if I can drive one in September, instead of just reading specs in a brochure. Then again, if they actually fix the Bolt seats and lower the residuals, that's still in the running.

Back