Gee, should I buy now? What do you think, huh?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dddunit

do u guys think the deals are good now? or better to wait? maybe memorial day?seems monthly lease cost is down but they still want high down payments. seems a lot of these deals on dealer websites are alotted to just a few and there is usually a catch?

I think lease deals could get better toward the end of the year if the federal tax credit says in place for 2017 and GM is able to pass more or all of the credit to the leaser.

d2170 said:
Never buy, always lease.

Bad advice for some people, good advice for others.

Bad advice sometimes, good advice other times. Even for the same person.

Depends on lots of details. How many miles do you drive a year, and how predictable is that distance?
How long are you likely to use the car? What lease deals are offered?

I bought a Leaf, and bought a second Leaf to replace the first. I've driven more than 20,000 miles one year, and less than 10,000 miles another year. I tend to hold cars for about 10 years. While some of the lease deals offered at various points in time would have been cheaper than owning when viewed as "lease to own", the lease deals I could get when I bought were more expensive than buying outright.

Bolt "lease to own" deals don't look very good.

I would hold off a while if that's an option for you.

I need a car by the end of this month so I need to take the best deal I can find today. But I'd expect better deals towards the end of the year

But don't expect the impossible. Look at Volt prices. I cant imagine a Bolt ever going for less.

As it happens, I just recently leased a Volt and am pricing a Bolt. Similarly equipped (loaded), same miles (15,000), both zero driveaway. The best leases I could find on each are about $100 a month apart. Based on this, I would expect Bolt leases to have no more than $50 to fall, call is $1800 over the life of the lease (based on my lease parameters)

Back