Capital Chevrolet in San Jose -- Deals

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d2170

I walked around the parking lot at San Jose's Capital Chevrolet in early May 2017

I saw at least 150 Bolts on the lot, maybe 200.

What deals are you guys getting?

If you leased a Bolt from them or from another dealer, or if you got a quote, please share with us here.

Please use the following format, assuming 3-year lease:

Dealer:
MSRP:
Trim: LT or Premier
DCQC or not
how many miles per year (e.g. 10,000 or 12,000 or 15,000)
Drive off amount
monthly payment (including tax and all fees)
number of payments: 35

So, for example:

Dealer: Stevens Creek Chevy
MSRP: $41,000
Premier
DCQC yes
12,000 miles year
Drive off amount $3,000
Monthly payment $250 (tax and fees included)
number of payments: 35

Use this format:

for example $3,000 + $250 x 35 = $11,750 (15,000 miles per year, 3 year lease, with DCQC, Premier, MSRP 42,000, Capital Chevy SJ.)

MSRP: $39,295
LT + Driver Confidence + Comfort packages
DCQC yes
10,000 miles year
Drive off amount $2,500
Monthly payment $281 (tax and fees included)
number of payments: 36

Posting the name of the dealer offering the deal would be very useful information.

Could OP add that to list of info to provide?

madera said:
MSRP: $39,295
LT + Driver Confidence + Comfort packages
DCQC yes
10,000 miles year
Drive off amount $2,500
Monthly payment $281 (tax and fees included)
number of payments: 36

Thank you for sharing.

Not bad at 2,500 + 35 x 281 = 12,335

Then minus 2,500 rebate from California, equals $9,835 for three years, or $273 per month. Not bad.

I smile every time I see a Bolt on the road. 238-mile range is amazing! I also look forward to seeing many Model 3s on the road later this year and in 2018. But I doubt we will be able to lease the Model 3 at above price in 2017 or 2018. 2019 maybe? Next year the Bolt will be even cheaper to lease! Can't wait to see more 200-mile range EVs come to market in the next 24 months!

Purchased mine from Capital in San Jose July 2017. Since I was out of state, not able to lease it. But sales deal was:

Bolt Premiere w/DCFC, infotainment and confidence packages
MSRP $43905
Discount $4000
GM Rebate $2000
Net price $37905 + taxes and registration
Federal tax credit $7500
Net after tax credit $30405

Current deal from Capitol Chevrolet:
$279/mo + tax (with nothing down!)
$0 + tax, lic drive-off
3-year total:
$9765 + tax, lic
10K miles/year
$0.33+/mi*

SparkE said:
Current deal from Capitol Chevrolet:
$279/mo + tax (with nothing down!)
$0 + tax, lic drive-off
3-year total:
$9765 + tax, lic
10K miles/year
$0.33+/mi*

So, with tax that would be about 303 per month, or total of 10,600.
After 2,500 CA rebate it is 8,100, or 225 per month for 36 months.

And for those who can charge for free at work, the Bolt is a great car, with TCO cheaper than a leased Toyota Camry!

I plan to lease the Bolt summer of 2018 when my current EV lease runs out. But I will also take a look at the Model 3 as well to see how much that lease is in mid 2018. I would be willing to pay more for the Model 3 of course because that's a much better car.

d2170 said:
So, with tax that would be about 303 per month, or total of 10,600.

And for those who can charge for free at work, the Bolt is a great car, with TCO cheaper than a leased Toyota Camry!

I plan to lease the Bolt summer of 2018 when my current EV lease runs out. But I will also take a look at the Model 3 as well to see how much that lease is in mid 2018. I would be willing to pay more for the Model 3 of course because that's a much better car.

Do you already have a deposit on the Model 3? Because otherwise getting one in mid 2018 is probably optimistic. The other problem is that their EV rebate is going to run out in mid 2018, and you're then looking at only $3750 back for six months and then going to zero.

Personally I'm not that convinced about the Model 3 really being that much better than the Bolt, but obviously that's debatable. The biggest thing it has going from my perspective is the supercharger network, but how much more is that really worth?

d2170 said:

When leasing, how can you get the $2,500 CA rebate or any rebate separately and after your lease deal?

Doesn't the leasing company (dealership or GM Financing whatever) take all rebates and tax credits upfront in calculating the lease?

The $7500 federal *tax credit* (not a rebate) is one thing - the owner of the car gets it (if you are leasing, it isn't you).

In the state of California, the state will cut you a rebate check (*not* a tax credit) of $2500 if you LEASE or BUY.

Another forum member got a good deal from Momentum Chevrolet San Jose

"Chevy Bolt LT
DCQC
Comfort + Convenience
Driver Safety 1
15K miles p.a
$0 down (incl tax, security, fees, lic, doc, other nonsense)
$284/mth w/tax"

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4770&p=23320#p23320

So, that's 284 x 35 = 9,940.

Minus 2,500 CA rebate = 7,440 ( or /36 = 207 a month )

d2170 said:

"Chevy Bolt LT
DCQC
Comfort + Convenience
Driver Safety 1
15K miles p.a
$284/mth w/tax"

I tried to get this deal with Momentum but no luck so far. If there's a dealer that wants to match this deal, feel free to PM me.

Luq said:
d2170 said:

"Chevy Bolt LT
DCQC
Comfort + Convenience
Driver Safety 1
15K miles p.a
$284/mth w/tax"

I tried to get this deal with Momentum but no luck so far. If there's a dealer that wants to match this deal, feel free to PM me.

Did you try talking to Peter Julius at Momentum? Contact 17boltev to see if he has any advise?

"Done at Momentum Chevrolet, San Jose. --> ask for Peter Julius ...very smooth transaction and no pressure."

d2170 said:
Luq said:
d2170 said:

"Chevy Bolt LT
DCQC
Comfort + Convenience
Driver Safety 1
15K miles p.a
$284/mth w/tax"

Did you try talking to Peter Julius at Momentum? Contact 17boltev to see if he has any advise?

"Done at Momentum Chevrolet, San Jose. --> ask for Peter Julius ...very smooth transaction and no pressure."

I PM'ed 17boltev but haven't got a response back. I haven't contacted Peter Julius but spoke to a couple people at Momentum and it seems like 17boltev got some other discounts such as having an existing lease and/or working for a company that has some sort of partnership with GM.

SparkE said:
The $7500 federal *tax credit* (not a rebate) is one thing - the owner of the car gets it (if you are leasing, it isn't you).

In the state of California, the state will cut you a rebate check (*not* a tax credit) of $2500 if you LEASE or BUY.

If you live in NorCal, you can also get a $500 rebate from PGE.

However, I understand that the current $2500 rebate is currently only available only to low income applications.

See: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng.

There is talk of new rebate legislation to refund the program and but it may cut out Teslas because the new legislation is targeting only compact EVs and lower income earners.

Most Tesla buyers are "well-heeled" and the Tesla Model S & X are definitely not compact. Rumor has it that the street price of most M3's will be closer to $50k than $35K and people are also questioning whether the M3 will be considered a compact because it has a longer wheelbase than a BMW 3 Series and apparently is being marketed as a "midsize luxury sedan."

ISee: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4090263-california-eliminating-incentives-teslas

If the M3 is NOT eligible for the CA rebate and if most of the M3 that Tesla sells are also ineligible for the $7500 Fed tax credit, that may put a BIG hole in the number of reservation holders who follow thru w/the purchase or lease of an M3.

t will be interesting to see how this develops.

I am interested in leasing but then buying the car when the lease is up. The lease rate can also be affected by the buyout amount. It can vary from 50%-60% of the MSRP. Can you please add that to information?

JerryBob said:
I am interested in leasing but then buying the car when the lease is up. The lease rate can also be affected by the buyout amount. It can vary from 50%-60% of the MSRP. Can you please add that to information?
GM Financial lease residuals are ~59% (+/- ~2% depending on trim and mileage allowance. It's very likely that the true market value will be less than that at lease end.
The Federal Tax Credit will be phased out for the Bolt when your lease is up (assuming no action by Congress to extend). That may or may not affect the value of used Bolts depending on how GM adjusts MSRP on new ones. If you want to purchase at that point, you will likely have to pay a premium to keep the same vehicle you have been driving, turn it in and buy a different lease return (for true market value), or hope that GM Financial offers a reduced buyout (like Nissan and the LEAF) or that you can negotiate one.

Other leasing companies may offer a much lower residual. Your lease payments will likely be much higher ($500+), but the buyout is more likely to reflect actual value when the lease is up (~30 to 35%). In this scenario, the entire $7500 Fed Tax Credit should be applied as a Cap Cost Reduction.

If you are looking at leasing as a way to finance the eventual purchase of a car, you will be "rolling the dice" a bit as actual values of EV's at lease end have almost always been less than the pre-negotiated price (residual value) - often significantly. $35K MSRP Fiat 500e's are going at auction for ~$4K as lease returns.

GM Financial has structured there lease program to provide low payments, but not a low residual.

On my BMW i3 lease there is a buyout number that when they leased it to me they knew it was going to be high. They said they would negotiate to sell it for market value (Their assessment) and sell it to me for that. Does GM have a history of doing this or do they stick to the contract?

Sorry to take you off subject. City Chevrolet in San Diego is offering a lease special and I was wondering how they worked.
Bolt LT $36,620 MSRP (Base model, no options)
Delivery $875
$169 month for 36 months (plus tax, license, etc.)
$3,995 due at signing
10,000 miles a year

JerryBob said:
Sorry to take you off subject. City Chevrolet in San Diego is offering a lease special and I was wondering how they worked.
Bolt LT $36,620 MSRP (Base model, no options)
Delivery $875
$169 month for 36 months (plus tax, license, etc.)
$3,995 due at signing
10,000 miles a year
That looks like a good deal.

We are seeing more numbers like these across the country here :

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2016/07/current-lease-offers-for-selected-evs.html

Back