SoCal lease offer

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Greetings! I received an offer from the Chevy dealer in Thousand Oaks, CA, for a Bolt Premier, $2K drive off, monthly payment of about $330 (this is the amount on the check I write each month-- not +tax, etc). That's for 10,000 miles a year, 36months. Anyone think there's wiggle room? At one point he told me he's giving me a dealer discount and rebate of $8,200.

My lease on a Fiat 500e is done at the end of this month. I got a great deal on the Fiat, with $0 down and about $200/month. The Bolt, of course, offers a lot more (5 seats and the 230miles+ charge). I loved the Fiat EV but need a bit bigger car.

Any comments much appreciated!

There is a great thread here with folks posting lease prices paid. Start at the end of the thread for the most current lease prices
http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4770

This table is also great with current best offers
http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2016/07/current-lease-offers-for-selected-evs.html

Your deal is okay, but you can do quite a bit better. Check the other thread and see what other people have been able to get as a guide for what you should shoot for. Discounts plus rebates of over $10k are not unheard of.

If you're close to Thousand Oaks you're likely within range of Keyes in Van Nuys and Rydell in Northridge. They both have lots of Bolts. Get quotes from them any anybody else within range. Yes, you'll get a bunch of phone calls from them, but if you wait to contact them until you're ready to buy, you can just dedicate a day to it, pick the best offer, and be done. Nobody wants to talk to you when you're not in the market anymore...

I got my first Spark EV from Rydell - it was a pretty painless transaction and the best deal at the time. Three years later when I got the second one they'd already sold out of them, so I wound up in Huntington Beach. It looks like I'll be doing the process again soon to replace the gas-burner with a Bolt. I'm following ev-vin to get ideas of where the deals are, but if you're not looking for the one discounted base model that they advertise, the only way to know is to ask around. Fortunately in SoCal there are lots of options.

Back