Process of ordering a Bolt?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usain

I was told ordering a Bolt would take 6 to 8 weeks, so I ordered a loaded Premiere from a dealer here in Atlanta.

It's been over two weeks and I haven't heard any update.

Can anyone give some insight to the process? What should I really expect?

Usain said:
I was told ordering a Bolt would take 6 to 8 weeks, so I ordered a loaded Premiere from a dealer here in Atlanta.

It's been over two weeks and I haven't heard any update.

Can anyone give some insight to the process? What should I really expect?
If they actually entered your order into GM’s system, then they should have given you a 6-digit alphanumeric order number. You can then go to www.chevrolet.com and select the option to chat with the Chevy customer service folks. Give them the order number and request what the status of things are, including the event status code. Here’s a partial list of what the codes mean:

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed
5000, Delivered to the dealer
6000, Delivered to the customer
9000, Order Cancelled

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/topic/build-status-codes/#ixzz4tRma3Wfi

The same website has a beta program to get direct updates than going to the chat system on chevy’s Website:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/04/gm-chevrolet-buick-gmc-cadillac-vehicle-order-tracking/

If you didn’t get an order number from the dealer, then all that happened is they took down your information and hope to find a vehicle that matches what you want. That vehicle could come out of future Bolt allocations sent to them, or trading from another dealer.

When I ordered mine, the salesman logged into GM’s ordering system in front of me, we selected the specific trim, options, and colors that I wanted. Once everything was put in, we got back a preliminary acceptance with that 6-digit order number, and I got a printout verifying everything.

Back