DesertSprings

Re: So are we all going to end up buying our cars after our leases are up?

Fri May 03, 2019 6:33 pm

For whatever its worth, Nissan during the first few years of lease returns was sending out mailers to people at the end of their lease offering to take of $3-7k from the residual if people chose to keep the car rather than return it. The offers varied based on the trim level/options and when the lease was set to expire.

sparkyps

Fri May 03, 2019 7:46 pm

They are going to have to discount the residuals a lot more than $3k - $7k to get me to buy a used Bolt. New ones are now widely advertised at $14k off MSRP before federal tax credit so roughly $22k with a few options after current tax credit. At that price I think it is pretty competitive with something like a Prius other than for long distance driving.

YamanoteMaui

Sun May 05, 2019 8:46 am

No way - give it back to the dealer and get a new, up to date EV. By 2020 a 2017 Bolt will be akin to a Model T.

GetOffYourGas

Mon May 06, 2019 5:25 pm

YamanoteMaui wrote:By 2020 a 2017 Bolt will be akin to a Model T.

Given that the 2019 Bolt only has marginal improvements over the 2017, you are expecting miracles to happen in the next year. I would be happy if they pushed up the QC rate on the 2020 Bolt from 55kW to 100+kW and changed nothing else. But I'm not holding my breath.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

WetEV

Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:

Given that the 2019 Bolt only has marginal improvements over the 2017, you are expecting miracles to happen in the next year. I would be happy if they pushed up the QC rate on the 2020 Bolt from 55kW to 100+kW and changed nothing else. But I'm not holding my breath.

I'd settle for a Buick version. With reasonable seats. Yes, not everyone has a problem. Some of us do.
#49 on the LEAF 100 mile club.
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red
2014 Leaf SL Red
Can't sit in a Bolt seat, hoping for better soon.
Or perhaps a Buick version? Buick Electra 225???

GetOffYourGas

Tue May 07, 2019 11:07 am

WetEV wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:

I'd settle for a Buick version. With reasonable seats. Yes, not everyone has a problem. Some of us do.

FWIW, while I have no issue with the seats, I've never claimed that noone does. Comfort is subjective. Clearly the Bolt's seats offend more people than a typical car. A Buick version would likely be more comfortable. And even the Bolt could see newer seats as part of a mid-cycle refresh.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2017 Bolt Premier

SeanNelson

Wed May 08, 2019 10:42 pm

YamanoteMaui wrote:No way - give it back to the dealer and get a new, up to date EV. By 2020 a 2017 Bolt will be akin to a Model T.

The 2020 model year is about 6 months away. What revolution in EV technology are you expecting before then?

BoltEV

Wed May 08, 2019 10:51 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:
FWIW, while I have no issue with the seats, I've never claimed that noone does. Comfort is subjective. Clearly the Bolt's seats offend more people than a typical car. A Buick version would likely be more comfortable. And even the Bolt could see newer seats as part of a mid-cycle refresh.

I have had an issue since Day One about the lack of an optional Navigation system (similar to that offered on the Volt), and yet there has been little tolerance on this board for this position by people also claiming to find the seats comfortable yet tolerate those who do not find them comfortable.

It all depends upon whose ox is being gored!

GetOffYourGas

Thu May 09, 2019 12:39 am

BoltEV wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:

I have had an issue since Day One about the lack of an optional Navigation system (similar to that offered on the Volt), and yet there has been little tolerance on this board for this position by people also claiming to find the seats comfortable yet tolerate those who do not find them comfortable.

It all depends upon whose ox is being gored!

Not sure whether you are implicating me in that. I take issue with the lack of built in nav too. First, it was promised to us. Second, there are plenty of trips I take into the mountains where there is no cell service and it can be easy to get lost.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2017 Bolt Premier

SeanNelson

Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:... I take issue with the lack of built in nav too. First, it was promised to us. Second, there are plenty of trips I take into the mountains where there is no cell service and it can be easy to get lost.

With Google Maps it's pretty easy to download the mapping data for a region before you go out of cell tower range. And it has an option to automatically download mapping information to take you all the way to your destination if you're using navigation.

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”