The Nov 2017 EV Sales Numbers are in (2987 Bolts)

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltage

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

2987 Bolt
1875 Model X
1834 Prius Prime
1702 Volt
1335 Model S
0464 Clarity BEV+PHEV
0345 Model 3

(Leaf to be reported)

They were out of stock or very low stock in the bay area, otherwise they could have sold many more. Growth spurt caused by fear of EV tax credit going away. Suspect sales will stagnate once:
1. Nissan offers incentive on 2018 leaf
2. Tesla ramps model 3 production to 40K units per month.

DanCar said:
Initial Model 3 production may have less impact than you might suspect since it will be limited to the more expensive models, and the buyers of those models are less likely to cross-shop it with the Bolt.

DanCar said:

BWA HA HA HA HA! Don't hold your breath! I imagine that Tesla will have a problem hitting 10,000 M3s per month before the 4th quarter of 2018. At 10K/mo, it will take ?30-40 months? to fill all the reservations. And the delivery priority seems to be employees and stakeholders first, then the most expensive (high end) orders, and only THEN the less expensive orders.

I've read on a different Bolt forum of a guy who has a Model 3 reservation, and he plans on buying a model 3, but he doesn't expect to get it until late 2019 (at the earliest), so he leased a Bolt this past spring. He doesn't mind having two 200+ mile EVs for a 6 month overlap period (if he's lucky).

Let em wait for the $35K Tesla Model 3 unicorn. I’m happy zipping around the last 8 months in my Bolt thank you very much.

I think the threat of losing the $7500 federal rebate got a lot of people off the couch. A friend of mine was going to wait for the '18 Leaf (he's hearing January) but now he can't wait, he'll have to pull the trigger on something Christmas week. The Nissan dealer knows the situation so he's blowing some tasty smoke up his a$$ right now, but if the Leaf isn't on the lot by Christmas then it will be time to look elsewhere.

SmokingRubber said:
I think the threat of losing the $7500 federal rebate got a lot of people off the couch. A friend of mine was going to wait for the '18 Leaf (he's hearing January) but now he can't wait, he'll have to pull the trigger on something Christmas week. The Nissan dealer knows the situation so he's blowing some tasty smoke up his a$$ right now, but if the Leaf isn't on the lot by Christmas then it will be time to look elsewhere.

The mood and stock has changed in upstate NY too, all the advertised lease deals evaporated Dec 1st. and local dealer stock is starting to shrink. The largest stocking dealer in our area now only shows 8. Over the summer and fall they typically had in the teens of units. I do sense that December Bolt sales numbers will be supply constrained

Back