Personal Comments part of forum discussion?[Split from:Tips for Long Distance Travel]

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkE

MichaelLAX said:
Is it really a hard concept to grasp that personal emails outside of the scope of a forum have no bearing on the readership of the forum?

You mean like "Nicely done! Let me buy you a cup of coffee next time you are in So Cal" ?? :mrgreen:

SparkE said:
MichaelLAX said:
Is it really a hard concept to grasp that personal emails outside of the scope of a forum have no bearing on the readership of the forum?

You mean like "Nicely done! Let me buy you a cup of coffee next time you are in So Cal" ?? :mrgreen:
Since this is not:

1) a personal email

2) outside the scope of this forum

and it does have bearing on the readership of this forum; let me politely ask: what is your point?

HINT: the other moderator deleted his post (as noted above as "cleaned up") to which my quoted post was a direct response.

MichaelLAX said:
SparkE said:
MichaelLAX said:

Since this is not:

1) a personal email

and it does have bearing on the readership of this forum; let me politely ask: what is your point?

HINT: the other moderator deleted his post (as noted above as "cleaned up") to which my quoted post was a direct response.

Well, since

1) It was a personal message to one person, which would have been better sent in an email instead of posted for everybody to read (yes, I understand the irony here :D )

2) Coffee not being the scope of the forum

You can probably figure it out. But maybe you can't ...

SparkE said:
MichaelLAX said:
SparkE said:
Since this is not:

1) a personal email

Well, since

1) It was a personal message to one person, which would have been better sent in an email instead of posted for everybody to read (yes, I understand the irony here :D )

2) Coffee not being the scope of the forum

You can probably figure it out. But maybe you can't ...
I think you are way off base here!

The gentleman wrote an excellent article and is clearly someone who I would like to "chew the fat" with (if you will excuse an old ham radio expression) if he ever has the time and inclination to discuss the technical aspects of electrical cars.

My hope is that he will continue to express his obviously wide knowledge of electric cars with all members of this forum.

The other moderator had expressed (before removing the post) that this author might be removed from membership on this forum based upon comments that were made in the context of personal emails made to that moderator; after a somewhat salty exchange between the two of them. Hence my response to that moderator: "Is it really a hard concept to grasp that personal emails outside of the scope of a forum have no bearing on the readership of the forum?"

That moderator deleted his comment but chose to leave my reply intact; perhaps because my comment helped him see the light. Why you chose to resurrect it in your somewhat snarky way is, as you suggest, something I cannot figure out!

Perhaps now we can return to our previously interrupted discussion of tips for long distance travel...

And see what is caused? My salty exchange lead to another..... can't we all just love each other :)

Now that you have split the thread...

Quite honestly, I cannot tell if his snarkiness was directed at me or my apparent positive attitude towards Mr. Williams!

admin said:
..... can't we all just love each other :)
I think your moderator has gone after me on just about every thread we are both engaged in! :shock:

Back