Rydell Chevrolet offering $1000 off MSRP until January 9th

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchev

Originally posted on GM-Volt.com, I thought this was too good not to re-post here.
Posted by the Rydell Chevy rep on December 31:
Thank you to everyone who chimed in with feedback and/or questions about our pricing! Also, thank you @Bacardi, your headline wasn't necessarily a shout-out but it helps share our up-front pricing with everyone and save them some money! Thank you.

I can assure you that our $1,000 discount off MSRP is applied on every Bolt EV, every day through 01/09/2017, for every customer. We take pride in our hassle free shopping process and I am sorry if I was not clear about the pricing.

I am also happy to announce that our very first shipment of 2017 Bolt EV has finally arrived! We have 12 here however, 10 of them are already spoken for which leaves us with 2 available for a test drive and purchase!

I don't have them listed on our site yet but here is some information:

Stock # 171953 - LT - Summit White -- MSRP $37,495
Stock # 171945SO - LT - Mosaic Black -- MSRP $39,295 (Driver Confidence Pkg, Comfort and Convenience Pkg, DC Fast Charging)

Store Hours:
9:00 am - 9:00 pm

18600 Devonshire St.
Northridge Ca. 91326

Rydell was great to deal with for my Volt purchase. If it's still run the same a couple years later, it'd be my recommendation to look at for buying a Bolt EV

Thank you for posting this; I just took a 4-hour train ride up to Rydell to purchase a Bolt and it was perfectly straightforward. Beforehand they had sent me photos of the invoice for the specific car as well as the contract prices, and it was indeed $1000 off MSRP with only the standard $80 document fee but no other dealer fees or anything. FYI, at least on the LT, MSRP actually is $1000 above dealer invoice (at that location at least; dealer invoice may be a bit less in other states) so basically I bought the car for dealer invoice and it was the exact configuration I had intended on ordering. Orange LT with fast-charge and "comfort/convenience" (heated seats, heated leather steering wheel).

They also had at least 8 Bolts on the lot, and I don't believe all were already spoken for.

Only reason I could justify the purchase and shipping to Georgia is due to the limited $80 DOC fee that is mandated by California law. That difference will pay for the shipping cost to Georgia. Also, the $1000 off MSRP is a plus. Just be prepared to wait...and good luck on getting any accurate information on when your vehicle will actually arrive at the dealership. Mine was supposedly shipped on 12/12. Chevy Chat gives you NOTHING once shipped, and you are limited by whatever you can get out of your sales rep. Mine told me my car had arrived, then NOT arrived, then it was in Ohio, and expected on 1/10. Bro1999's Bolt got to Mira Loma by train, and took 9 days to get to Rydell after that. Granted, that was 2 holiday weekends included, and truckers take time off also, so maybe things will roll along a little faster now, so to speak.

Anyway, congratulations on your purchase!

cfspeakman said:
Also, the $1000 off MSRP is a plus.

Don't seem to get the $1000 off MSRP if you put a non-California Zip code into the online purchase form "shopclickdrive". Or at least, I didn't.

WetEV said:
cfspeakman said:
Also, the $1000 off MSRP is a plus.

Don't seem to get the $1000 off MSRP if you put a non-California Zip code into the online purchase form "shopclickdrive". Or at least, I didn't.

Deal isn't advertised via the online site. Posted on social media.

Bro1999's Bolt is on a truck headed to Maryland, and my Bolt EV has completed the transaction for purchase, just waiting for it to arrive. Have heard a different story with leasing...not allowed.

I'd be surprised if GM is allowing dealers to sell cars out-of-state. They intend for the roll-out to be in CA and OR originally and that doesn't mean allowing those dealers to effectively monopolize sales around the country.

CGameProgrammer said:
I'd be surprised if GM is allowing dealers to sell cars out-of-state. They intend for the roll-out to be in CA and OR originally and that doesn't mean allowing those dealers to effectively monopolize sales around the country.

Whelp, they sold me one, and I definitely live in MD.
Had to pay CA registration fees though.....That may be how they are getting around the sales limitations.

bro19991 said:
Had to pay CA registration fees though.....That may be how they are getting around the sales limitations.
Now they say, they can sell but not lease.

BTW, now that you have the car, can you measure the depth (from seat to the liftgate) of the trunk for me ? If its too small that would be a deal breaker for me.

evnow said:
bro19991 said:
Now they say, they can sell but not lease.

BTW, now that you have the car, can you measure the depth (from seat to the liftgate) of the trunk for me ? If its too small that would be a deal breaker for me.

Don't have it yet. Should have it by the 14th. Hopefully.

evnow said:
can you measure the depth (from seat to the liftgate) of the trunk for me ? If its too small that would be a deal breaker for me.

What are you looking to haul?

2017-Chevrolet-Bolt-prototype-cargo-space.jpg

bolt-cargo-750x563.jpg

Second picture is with the load floor in, and it's actually in the Opel Ampera-e prototype but is in theory identical

jjr said:
What are you looking to haul?
Stroller, water bottles and grocery bags. At the risk of derailing this thread, basically the depth helps me compare Bolt's trunk to Leaf's.

Back