An informal Survery of Chevy Dealers Regarding Reception of The Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coastalcruiser said:
You might find this interesting:

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/01/11/chevy-bolt-sales-investigation-california/

Good day.

He says:

3 years
15K miles /year
$914.10 down payment
$527.35 /month
GM finance gets to claim the $7500 tax credit
Customer gets to claim the $2500 rebate check from the State of California

That's a terrible deal.

JupiterMoon said:
coastalcruiser said:

Good day.

He says:

3 years
15K miles /year
$914.10 down payment
$527.35 /month

That's a terrible deal.

Of course it is. You wouldn't be happy unless it was $100/month, $0 down. Your post is terrible, because it adds 0 value to the discussion.

Back on topic, little over $300/month for a base LT, little over $400/month for a loaded Bolt would be a "decent" lease deal for a Bolt RIGHT NOW.
$0 down, 2500 CA rebate factored, 36 months/10k miles, and a $1k dealer discount.

bro19991 said:
JupiterMoon said:
coastalcruiser said:

Good day.

He says:

3 years
15K miles /year
$914.10 down payment
$527.35 /month

That's a terrible deal.

Of course it is. You wouldn't be happy unless it was $100/month, $0 down. Your post is terrible, because it adds 0 value to the discussion.

Back on topic, little over $300/month for a base LT, little over $400/month for a loaded Bolt would be a "decent" lease deal for a Bolt RIGHT NOW.
$0 down, 2500 CA rebate factored, 36 months/10k miles, and a $1k dealer discount.

Yes it is a terrible deal.

Oh and good luck getting those numbers you stated without the federal rebate. Oh wait...you're ok with getting screwed so you won't have to worry about that will you now. So go get screwed...but stop your stupid drivel and stop being such a fanboy :) It's getting really old you being a corporate shill.

Perhaps you two can keep the brawling limited to the other Bolt site? I think that at some point GM will have to offer a reasonably-equipped $300 LT and a $400 Premiere lease. How soon that happens will depend on sales and on GM's intentions regarding desired sales volume.

I think one of the reasons many Bolt shoppers end up with the Volt is probably price. In a way they are equivalent vehicles (long range capable EVs) but ultimately the Volt costs less. If you only drive 50 miles per day then the Volt is basically an electric with an option for extended range. I hope eventually the two cars can find cost parity.

Also, it's not really surprising right now when they have the market cornered and all of the hardcore EV enthusiasts are clamoring to buy that the deals would be less good. If they want to sell a lot then I think they're going to have to get leases for the basic model down to sub $300.

Nagorak said:
I think one of the reasons many Bolt shoppers end up with the Volt is probably price. In a way they are equivalent vehicles (long range capable EVs) but ultimately the Volt costs less. If you only drive 50 miles per day then the Volt is basically an electric with an option for extended range. I hope eventually the two cars can find cost parity.

Also, it's not really surprising right now when they have the market cornered and all of the hardcore EV enthusiasts are clamoring to buy that the deals would be less good. If they want to sell a lot then I think they're going to have to get leases for the basic model down to sub $300.

If one only looks at up-front costs, yes. I know most buyers have that problem. But anything with an ICE is going to have more maintenance expense than a pure electric. The real question is which car meets your needs and can you live with the compromises enforced by one or the other?

LeftieBiker said:
Perhaps you two can keep the brawling limited to the other Bolt site? I think that at some point GM will have to offer a reasonably-equipped $300 LT and a $400 Premiere lease. How soon that happens will depend on sales and on GM's intentions regarding desired sales volume.

I really don't want to brawl at all. As a matter of fact, the personal attacks have been pretty much one way and towards me. I'm very weary of individuals like this putting corporate interests ahead of peoples' interests and making idiotic, childish, and stupid assumptions about what people make income-wise, what people drive, and what they think they are willing to pay for. They come across as 5 year old children with a hissy fit who have had their egos bruised because their favorite toy company has been called out.

If the fanboys wish to camp outside a Chevy dealership and pay a couple of hundred dollars a more per month for a car that will soon be discounted heavily like every other car that's ever come out in the history of automotive production, then by all means they can do as they wish. But the rest of us don't need to get screwed along with them. :lol:

Nagorak said:

Maybe Chevy is pricing the Bolt in a way to do exactly that....to sway people into buying Volts so they can A) make volume sales B) meet Chevy's CARB goals and increasing nationwide fleet MPG ratings by doing so in order to make up for the abysmal performance of the rest of their fleet, and C) making a killing in profits by doing so.

The financing firms seem to very generous with the "tax credit" on the Volt. So it's no wonder it leases for so little.

Yeah you can get really good deals on the Volt. And, for what it's worth, it's also a really solid car. It's what a "hybrid" car should be. It has enough range that for many people it can operate in EV only mode almost all of the time, except when they need to drive out of town. Heck, my sister's Volt has almost as much EV range as my used Leaf when it's only charged to 80% (for better battery longevity).

True, you still have the issue of it having dual systems (both electric and gas), but it's not as bad as with normal hybrids where both operate frequently.

Back