~450 Bolt EV's in Stock

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are Selling at the Store in Irvine, CA really quickly like a 24 hour turn around but they are available!!

The price drops are about to happen... when the car is only available in two states so far and is 8 months from being released nationwide? Yeah right. Also I paid dealer invoice for my car and nobody would ever go below that when the cars are selling like hotcakes.

CGameProgrammer said:
The price drops are about to happen... when the car is only available in two states so far and is 8 months from being released nationwide? Yeah right. Also I paid dealer invoice for my car and nobody would ever go below that when the cars are selling like hotcakes.

We'll see. I'm sure i3 owners who paid $650 a month for their leases when the car came out are thrilled.

A mere three weeks ago there wasn't even the $2500 lease cash available from the dealers near me. Now they are below MSRP and giving the lease cash. What's the harm in waiting when you can afford to? Who's making anyone rush I don't get it.

I think that the middle of the year is the earliest we'll see any significant discounts. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little bit of a discount in the next 2-3 months as the order backlog is worked through.

It all really depends on demand. I actually think GM is going to make a decent effort to sell this car. It would be a feather in their cap if they could show it was "successful".

CGameProgrammer said:

Fremont Chevy is selling Premier and LTs for $1500 below msrp.

Rydell has 82 in stock. Discounting by $1000.

http://www.chevynorthridge.com/VehicleSearchResults?make=Chevrolet&model=Bolt+EV

Actually now $1500 on LT

http://www.chevynorthridge.com/?reload=true&pageName=AboutSpecials_D&pb=New-Chevy-Bolt&cs:e=g&cs:gn=s&cs:cid=173478249557&cs:kw=chevy%20bolt&cs:p=&seg=dap&cs:tv=447&cs:a=pb_retention_search&cs:pro=cpb&cs:ki=1242004362&gclid=CNeE3rCZ1dECFYRrfgodun8IUw

Interesting...and I thought these cars were "selling like hotcakes". Fortune may favor the bold, but in this case, it appears to favor the patient. You may hit your lease number sooner than you think.

leodoggie said:

Beware the fine print. I had a a dealer claim to be giving me a hefty discount on the price, only to have them then try to mark up the lease finance rate. Needless to say I kept looking.

I have the General Motors LLC invoice for my car (loaded Premier MSRP $43,905), after IMR and LMA the invoice price is $42,938. Even if they get 100% of the credit incentives and holdback (which doesn't usually happen) the minimum deal cost is $41,034. So the maximum spread between dealer cost and MSRP for a loaded Premier is $2,871.

By all means, get the best deal you can, just be on the lookout for inflated finance charges and unneeded add-ons like locating systems, paint protection, etc.

See this thread for details on leasing

If you can wait, wait...the deals are going to get better. January is one of the worst times to lease/buy a car.

oilerlord said:
Interesting...and I thought these cars were "selling like hotcakes". Fortune may favor the bold, but in this case, it appears to favor the patient. You may hit your lease number sooner than you think.

For car buying, it's ALWAYS better to wait.
The question is how long do you want to wait before pulling the trigger.

I'm sure in 2 years there may be a bonus tagged 2017 Bolt LT sitting around somewhere while 2019s are on the lots, but you want to wait that long?

I can buy an iPhone 5 for pennies on the dollar compared to the new price now. Does that mean the people that bought it when it first came out made mistakes?

adamsocb said:
leodoggie said:

Beware the fine print. I had a a dealer claim to be giving me a hefty discount on the price, only to have them then try to mark up the lease finance rate. Needless to say I kept looking.

I have the General Motors LLC invoice for my car (loaded Premier MSRP $43,905), after IMR and LMA the invoice price is $42,938. Even if they get 100% of the credit incentives and holdback (which doesn't usually happen) the minimum deal cost is $41,034. So the maximum spread between dealer cost and MSRP for a loaded Premier is $2,871.

By all means, get the best deal you can, just be on the lookout for inflated finance charges and unneeded add-ons like locating systems, paint protection, etc.

See this thread for details on leasing

Indeed they play a lot of games and you need your wits on alert. Doesn't take much time for prices to drop and deals to begin coming in. It only too some months before i3's began leasing for much better prices than when they initially leased for.

bro19991 said:
I'm sure in 2 years there may be a bonus tagged 2017 Bolt LT sitting around somewhere while 2019s are on the lots, but you want to wait that long?

I can buy an iPhone 5 for pennies on the dollar compared to the new price now. Does that mean the people that bought it when it first came out made mistakes?

Yes.

Despite marketing claims from Apple and Samsung, smartphones haven't been "revolutionary" since the release of the original iPhone and arguably the iPhone 4. These days, the previous model phone is fantastic, and to your point, is pennies on the dollar. God bless early gotta-have-it adopters for giving me the opportunity to own a great phone, and a fantastic EV for pennies on the dollar.

oilerlord said:
bro19991 said:

Yes.

Despite marketing claims from Apple and Samsung, smartphones haven't been "revolutionary" since the release of the original iPhone and arguably the iPhone 4. These days, the previous model phone is fantastic, and to your point, is pennies on the dollar. God bless early gotta-have-it adopters for giving me the opportunity to own a great phone, and a fantastic EV for pennies on the dollar.

Well, if you're fine using last year's tech today to save money, that's your choice. Other people want today's tech today and are willing to spend the money to get it. Living like a ferrengi is not how all people live, nor is it the most fun way to live either.

I would view the Bolt more as an iPhone 4 than 5 though. It currently sits alone in the <$40k, 200+ mile BEV segment. Or <$50k...or <$60k.
Someone wants a new 200 mile BEV for less than $40k? There is only 1 game in town.

Back