Wish I could turn camera on pulling into garage/parking spaces

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2112

Coming from a LEAF SL it was really nice to be able to hit the camera button at low speed and get the all around camera view. I miss this on the Bolt. I could put the car into park momentarily, but this seems like an over site on GMs part. Why can we hit the camera button at low speeds even in drive?

Dan

I agree, bringing up the forward camera when parking is currently awkward in the Bolt at best. Hopefully that can be improved in a software update.

LeftieBiker said:
Are you folks saying that the surround view cameras only work while the car is in Park...?

The surround view display turns on when shifting into reverse, and turns off when exceeding a specific (low) speed moving forward.

Presumably, the OP wants a way to turn it on moving forward without shifting into reverse and then shifting back into drive.

boltage said:
LeftieBiker said:
Are you folks saying that the surround view cameras only work while the car is in Park...?

The surround view display turns on when shifting into reverse, and turns off when exceeding a specific (low) speed moving forward.

Presumably, the OP wants a way to turn it on moving forward without shifting into reverse and then shifting back into drive.

Correct - Thanks for that clarification - right now the camera only comes on in reverse. If you put it back into drive you still have the camera until you go over a certain speed. The LEAF has a physical button called camera on the dash and if you push it below a certain speed it will pop up on the screen. Subsequent pushes of the button cycle the camera view to left side, right side (think parallel park), front, and back. That is what I would like to have in the Bolt as well. (minus the physical button obviously).

That isn't quite as bad, although it would make nosing up to my charging station on the garage outside wall harder.

I agree. A way to turn on the camera display without shifting to reverse would be a big improvement.

Just push the camera button when it lights up at low speed when in drive.

I use the front camera when parking in a tight spot.

Maxters said:
Just push the camera button when it lights up at low speed when in drive.

I use the front camera when parking in a tight spot.

Hmm - this worked this morning coming into work. I park in a parking garage so maybe it has to be below a certain speed for a while before the camera icon is enabled. Will try again when I pull in the driveway tonight.

Dan

Back