Pedestrian Friendly Alert Function (P.F.A.F.)

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portable

I was wondering if I was the only one that can't stand the "whirling/Grinding noise generator sound" that the Bolt makes when its in gear ?
I would be sitting in the car stopped, talking to someone and they would ask me "whats that obnoxious sound coming from under the hood"?
Is something broken?
I did some digging and found you can pull the #34 fuse under the hood in the panel next to the battery (labeled "PFAF") and the noise goes away. You lose the chirping sound when you plug it in also, but i feel thats a small price to pay.
If the sound was more user friendly or even changeable to the "Jetsons" whirling flying car sound , i might like it more. But until then I'm going to rely on my "pedestrian recognition stopping" feature to protect me and the car from unplanned meetings.
I know that it works, since on the way home from work the car in front of me did a quick stop while turning into a parking lot, and the windshield lit up "red" and the car automatically braked as i was going for the break pedal.
I was awestruck knowing the car drove better than I could in an emergency situation.

See the other thread to continue your discussion.

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5645

Back